Air Bubbles in fuel filter......

jammin

So....came back from a 2 week trip and some nice person stole all my gas.....I filled it back up and it wouldn't run....

1. Looked at fuel filter and it was empty, so pulled the line from metal line into the engine bay, put the tube from filter to can of gas and it fired up.

2. Put line back together, filled up gas tank and still wouldn't start.

3. Replaced new fuel filter, removed gas line again and sucked up gas into the fuel filter just fine, engine ran.

4. Put line back together to fuel tank and it fires up, but the gas inside the fuel filter looks like it is boiling.....

5. Truck idles, but dies when gas is given to it......

Never had an issue with carb / fuel in the three years I have had the truck. Could being drained for 2 weeks cause something to dry out?

At a loss.....any thoughts out there?

Thanks..Ben

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so it stays running at least at idle?

I would take the out put hose of the fuel pump and see if it shoots gas in a safe direction ,if yes then pump is fine.(if you have rubber hose to carb) If still stock steel line then you don't want gas shooting out all over.

Is the accel pump in carb still woking?Loos see if you see gas squirt when you cycles the gas on the carb?

recheack the timming

I had a fuel pump dry out. But was a used pump and had under my car seat fro a few years(spare)

just to let you know they is anough gas in the carb to fine for a minute or 3. so when you swap fuel lines you have to give it a bit of time

521 tanks are dirty filter must be changed often as the fill tube is in the wheelwell and dirt works it way inside the tube by the clamp and water which causes rust and plugges the idle juets most likely.

I have this issue yesterday comming home. I clean the jet it idle then park it it fouls up and cant figure it out. I cant see if the jet is dirty as my eyes are bad but bloe it out it runs. Or maybe a piece of rust is floating around and blocking the idle circut for me. Ill figure it out

UPDATe: I got canned air and blew out the idle circuit. FIXED!!!!!!!

• Like 1