lo/high beam switch wires

So, i decided to try and tackle my switch for low/high beams, and this is what i found....I don't have a clue what to do to fix it. i grounded the black and red, and when i touched the black and green which has a busted soldered end on it to another soldered wire end, my lights switched from highs to low, but when i removed it, they went back to highs, PLEASE HELP. Tired of just having high beams...

http://20160506_191948_HDR1_zpsdd5laafk.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this your  1965 620?  Be specific in your wording since the INFO on the left in oridinary PC formats may not feed through in I-Phone or similar mobile APS.  Not beong pickey, just wanting to be sure you get real responses!

First, what is the problem with it?

The switch to change my low beams and high beams doesn't work, all i have is high beams.

What color are those two taped up wires ?

Left = BLK with green stripe Right = BLK with red stripe.

I do not know 620 wiring, but I know a lot about 521 wiring.

A 521 has a headlight relay, that is supplied power by a light switch.  If the headlight relay get power, it turns on the low beam headlights.

The turn signal switch on a 521 has two functions.  Turn signals, and grounding a wire from the headlight relay, that makes the headlight relay switch from low beams to high beams.

Only one wire in the turn signal switch has anything to do with the headlights, and actually, that wire is just used to control a relay that switches headlight current.

Is this your  1965 620?  Be specific in your wording since the INFO on the left in oridinary PC formats may not feed through in I-Phone or similar mobile APS.  Not beong pickey, just wanting to be sure you get real responses!

Yes, this is my 1975 620.

I do not know 620 wiring, but I know a lot about 521 wiring.

A 521 has a headlight relay, that is supplied power by a light switch.  If the headlight relay get power, it turns on the low beam headlights.

The turn signal switch on a 521 has two functions.  Turn signals, and grounding a wire from the headlight relay, that makes the headlight relay switch from low beams to high beams.

Only one wire in the turn signal switch has anything to do with the headlights, and actually, that wire is just used to control a relay that switches headlight current.

Sounds about what mine is setup for, just turn signals and switching from lows to highs. When i touched the blaxk with green stripe to the other soldered wires, i hear the relay clicking, and then my lights switch, everytime. Just don't know how or where to attach wires to get my switch to work.