Datsun 620 F4W63L 4 speed into a 1976 B210? Datzenmike, need your help.....

I"ve got a 1976 B210 A14, 4 door sedan. 4 speed manual trans.... Grinds 2nd gear, pops out of 3rd and 4th. I know the syncros are shot, BUT, my question is

can I use my F4W63L from a '73(?) Datsun 620?? Can I swap the bell housing like with L / Z series 71B trans?

Thanks in advance, I don't know much about these little B210 or their drivetrain.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ve got a 1976 B210 A14, 4 door sedan. 4 speed manual trans.... Grinds 2nd gear, pops out of 3rd and 4th. I know the syncros are shot, BUT, my question is

can I use my F4W63L from a '73(?) Datsun 620?? Can I swap the bell housing like with L / Z series 71B trans?[/size]

Thanks in advance, I don't know much about these little B210 or their drivetrain.[/size]

Don't think it will work dude, unless you swap the engine out or find a tranny from a b210 or 210. Is this the Orange 4 door b210 one? Pictures please, oh Please correct me if I'm wrong. ggzill is your man on a series.

B210 5-speed is *not* an L-series transmission. It is FS5W63A with A-series front cover (bellhousing/front half of the transmissions case). There is an L-series version of the FS5W63A, but they are different transmissions.

Well, the 63L was a JDM 4 speed for the B210..... However it was also used on J and L series.

The 63L was the little 4 speed that had a fluid pan like an A/T trans even though it is manual.

Unless you actually have a 63L A-series trans to swap the parts into then no.  It's not a bellhousing, it's the whole front case.  The 63L parts won't fit in the 56 or 60-series B210 case.   And the L-series bell pattern is way different from the A-series so you can't just swap transmissions without swapping the engine (and a whole lot of other mods to make that combo fit).

can I use my F4W63L from a '73(?) Datsun 620?? Can I swap the bell housing like with L / Z series 71B trans?

Thanks in advance, I don't know much about these little B210 or their drivetrain.

The F4W63L is only two pieces. The tail and the combined main and front case. If an L series it won't fit an A series. You could removes all the gears and internal parts and swap them.

Well, the 63L was a JDM 4 speed for the B210..... However it was also used on J and L series.

The 63L was the little 4 speed that had a fluid pan like an A/T trans even though it is manual.

A  J or L series F4W63L does not help you if you have an A series engine.

Your A series came with an F4W56A or F4W60 four speed.

After '76 an FS5W63A dogleg 5 speed was offered in the B-210.

On the later 210 (B310) during '79 an FS5W60L dogleg 5 speed was offered, and from '80 on an FS5W60A (regular pattern) 5 speed was available for the A series.

Unless you actually have a 63L A-series trans to swap the parts into then no.  It's not a bellhousing, it's the whole front case.  The 63L parts won't fit in the 56 or 60-series B210 case.   And the L-series bell pattern is way different from the A-series so you can't just swap transmissions without swapping the engine (and a whole lot of other mods to make that combo fit).

The F4W63L is only two pieces. The tail and the combined main and front case. If an L series it won't fit an A series. You could removes all the gears and internal parts and swap them.

A  J or L series F4W63L does not help you if you have an A series engine.

Your A series came with an F4W56A or F4W60 four speed.

After '76 an FS5W63A dogleg 5 speed was offered in the B-210.

On the later 210 (B310) during '79 an FS5W60L dogleg 5 speed was offered, and from '80 on an FS5W60A (regular pattern) 5 speed was available for the A series.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, Looks like I didn't look close enough to see there isn't a bellhousing, rather just two pieces. Thank you!

Andrew helped locate me one local (ish) for $50. Not bad.

• Like 1