Holy rattle can!

Dick222

Looks like you found what the PO was trying to cover up. Now you've exposed rattle can quality body work.

Keep going though, I want to see what the rest looks like.

Seats look great BTW

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx lockleaf

I searched 100s of cars. I just like the look of these the best. Needed inch and a half spacers to adjust for fitting. They would fit just a tad bit better if the seat belt mechanism was smaller. Any ideas? Is there a compatible seat belt?

Had the same thing when I put new seats in my KC, retractors would not allow seat to move back far enough. removed the stock belts and put in racing style lap belt and shoulder harness set-up

Rick rat

The seat moves back all the way. Just a little tilt toward the middle of the truck in the back. Iv driven em a couple times now and they feel fine. No long trips yet though. Only time will tell. I loved the look to much to pass them up. I also have a trim piece to put across the rear lower window. Just haven't figured out how to mount it yet

So after long thought and alot more scrubbing, i must throw in the towel on the idea of getting the old paint back. There is so much bare metal that i feel like I'll have to paint it inevitably anyways. So beens it's summer and I'm pretty good with a rattle can myself i think I'll just let my imagination run wild. I'm not going to touch the interior cab metal color, or under the hood. Gonna leave all that original orange. 20160502_194223_zpsoqkbop7o.jpg20160502_190232_zps59hdp5wt.jpg20160502_194144_zpsgnxgnugr.jpg20160502_190223_zpsjwtrfvok.jpg

• Like 2

In a bit of an "if you can't beat em, join em" kinda mood after my decision, i decided to try my luck. Didn't like it so it's a work in progress. I have what i think might be a cool idea for the paint so I'm gonna try it on a fender and I'll post a pic.20160502_201130_zpsj6jczvmy.jpg20160502_200806_zps4laamwel.jpg20160502_195819_zps02fvj6ce.jpg20160502_194251_zpserfsnsx4.jpg

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I like it ! I've been looking into a 79-620 regular cab, and the paints kinda had it as well. The original color is the Datsun Orange but idk how long the rattle can tan and green has been on the truck.

Although I have a ton of ideas flowing, I've found myself in the same boat in regards to the paint.

I too may become a rattle can Picasso

• Like 1