My Project 520

FunkyFresh520

If you need the rubber boot for the clutch throwout lever, get one for a 1961 MGA from Victoria British in Kansas or maybe Moss Motors. Perfect fit.

Many parts will interchange with British stuff in the early-late 60's. I believe that Nissan built some vehicles under license (or some other business arrangement) with Austin-Morris. Compare photos of the 50's and early 60's Datun & Austin-Morris sedans and pickups for perspective. Looks to me like they were pretty much divorced by the mid 60's.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

afge8j.png

Closer view.. Im also trying to look for these hub caps! If i have to settle for the other ones (dog bowl dog dish watevr it is) i will but i like these more so let me know

2zpi9dz.jpg

• Like 1

Those wheels are from Coker wheel and they sell those flush mount moon caps for their wheels specifically. I wanted the same look but I went with the cheaper version chevy truck 6 bolt wheel, although they were a little hard to find. Same effect though.

I've also got a rust free '68 520.

• Like 1

Those wheels are from Coker wheel and they sell those flush mount moon caps for their wheels specifically. I wanted the same look but I went with the cheaper version chevy truck 6 bolt wheel, although they were a little hard to find. Same effect though.

I've also got a rust free '68 520.

Oh wow thanks bro! I was lookn at just some regular smoothie wheels and baby moon hub caps and they pretty much look alike but nice bro

• Like 1

A little update, got the truck running its throwin some smoke but ill see if it goes away, but the radiator overflow hose was throwin a lot of water so i gotta change the thermostat and if its not that then get a radiator. I also gotta rebuild my carb, so once i get to those things done ill see if everything runs fine with no problems.

, and if it does ill start on the brakes

• Like 3

So i need a water inlet i believe all the j series are the same. I cant post a thread on the wanted parts category on my phone or my ipad so i dont know where else to post it. Theres one on ebay but its in mexico and im not tryin to wait 2-3 weeks so i wanna see if someone has it in the states.. any help would be great thanx!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats man! If you decide to do an engine swap in the future go through Waynos 66 520 and also my post on my 66 520.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27671-1966-datsun-520-kingcab-project-act-2/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/9197-charlie69s-66-520-build/

If i ever swap it ill be doing a sr20 or L20 in due time

• Like 1

I did the L20B in my 66 520 and later after all the mods to fit the L20B and the automatic transmission I swapped the chassis to a 1980 720 chassis.  But the mods for both swaps are in my 520 build thread.

Another update i changed the rear brakes new everything i also changed my clutch slave cyl. And clutch line.. just gotta bleed everything and take her out for the 2nd test drive! I also gotta make some type of mount for my battery to stay in place cuz its just sitting there. But for now zip ties!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...