Jason's 610

Mopar-Datsun

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally someone with the sense to get the correct rim off set so they actually fit. Positive battery post needs a cover. The stock engine would have been an L20B, no? Early L16 fully finned valve cover too.

Finally someone with the sense to get the correct rim off set so they actually fit. Positive battery post needs a cover. The stock engine would have been an L20B, no? Early L16 fully finned valve cover too.

And they still slightly rub under the right conditions ;) Thanks for the tip on the cover for the terminal. Yes original was a numbers matching L20B. It's sitting on a stand waiting for a rebuild. 

It's also nice to have the positive side of the battery towards the motor ... so if it moves it doesn't hit the inner fender. You could maybe rotate it 180 degrees so the terminals aren't at the front, which isn't the stock layout anyway.

Thanks...I'll flip it this weekend.

Nothing like welding a wrench to the rad support or worse blowing a hole in the rad. Glue some rubber on the underside of the hood above the battery also. Not that noticeable and everyone will copy you. Yeah the battery is actually in backwards.  Looks good.

I'm getting my exhaust done next week. I'm running an L18 with a mild cam and a weber, soon to be swapped with dual SUs. What size pipe? 2" too big?  What muffler? Resonator or no? I want something that sounds cool, not annoying. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...