Msd l20b

Datsundude123

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a matchbox to hook up to it mike, but it runs great and doesnt foul plugs, even running super cold ones. Allways fires up right away. Rev limiter works good and pulls timing out instantly when i tell it to and accurately.

• Like 1

why do people think that because this gizmo is in a nice, bright red box, it will give them better performance and gas mileage. 1). they don't go beyond what is advertised. 

Never had them on my current and previous cars; 240Z, 65 falcon, 65 mustang 70 and 71 Datsun wagon, 510, 76 capri and 75 Celica. I did convert some cars to points to elect. distributor or Pertronics and did noticed somewhat a better idle but not better gas mileage and not better performance.  So sell the box or trade it or save your money.

• Like 1

stoff, that's not just you, most people who have had many cars and through trial and error they come to a solid conclusion that a lot of aftermarket car parts does not deliver what is advertised. Their job is to make you think you need this and that its the "in thing".  To be honest, the reason why I went elect. dizzy is because I had a bitchen time setting dual points back in the days.

• Like 2

MSD, E3 plugs, FlameThrower/Accel coils, K&N filters, strut braces, 'lil blue filters on valve covers, coil overs, poly bushings, drilled rotors, catch cans...... they are like fishing lures..... they catch more fishermen than fish.

• Like 2

I am NOT just putting on an MSD, but you won't know that unless you actually watch the video - some of you are misinformed about ignition technologies and hydrogen as well - Mike from Vancouver Island, you're welcome to come to Spokane and learn something that you have never been taught. Benefits? I can lean out a mixture and drop the engine temp by over 100F simultaneously. Where does that say for the conventional knowledge about running on lean mixtures? You can't do it with a regular spark - you need either hydrogen or my patented method of plasma ignition. I have a jet engine right here in Spokane that I built from scratch that runs on 99% water and a small trace or propane.

Look at the comparison between the stock MSD and my patented modification with HV diodes and see the difference - it isn't just some MSD, MSD by itself sucks and that is the point. I increase the power per discharge because I actually know what electricity is and how to manipulate it to give me the same work in a shorter period of time meaning the power density goes through the roof. Something you won't learn in school.

Watch from 27:40 to 31:58 and tell me that is a typical MSD discharge.

https://youtu.be/bqNVH6LM4W0?t=27m40s

This method of ignition is NOT known by anyone here and what it does is instantly dissociate the hydrogen from gasoline as well as the hydrogen from moisture right out of the air - that is the plasma burst you see. That is why you can lean out the engine to 20:1 to 30:1 and simultaneously LOWER the temperature of the engine, which I will show later. What that means is that the thermal efficiency of the engine is increasing up to double - this is scientific fact. I can show you many SAE, NASA, JPL, etc... reports that show these results with similar plasma ignitions and hydrogen supplementation. You could be right and NASA, JPL, could be wrong, but I'm going with established science and the patent office that acknowledged my claims as being legit.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone here - just share something that you have never seen before that can take your Datsun performance to the next level.

Running solid core wires and non resistor plugs will fuck up that msd box eventually. It says in giant bold letters in their instructons not to use fine wire or solid core wires.

That system has about as much spark as an hei setup anyway pretty sure those streetfire boxes are just a plain cdi and dont throw 30 sparks at a time under 3000 or whatever.

Putting on a 6a box is a waste of time, but anything better adds features that are useful. If i didnt need nitrous retard or a rev limiter i would just stick with the matchbox or a pertronix.

I know if you pull a plug wire and get zapped by the msd it hurts alot fucking more than points.

Do you know why they say do not use solid core wires and why I can with my mod and it works just fine and will not damage the MSD?

My system blows HEI away, my plasma ignition obsoletes that, look at my recent post and the timeline so you can see the difference. It is NOT an enhanced spark - it is a high speed accelerated disruptive discharge that causes a plasmoid that is completely difference from a normal high performance spark. They're not even the same electrical phenomena.

Nobody is claiming 30 sparks at a time, they do about 6-7 at low rpms and that drops out as the speed goes up for the obvious reason that the power supply cannot keep up with keeping the cap charged at higher speeds.

MSD hurts more than points? It will hurt more than NON msd because your joules of potential energy discharge with the current punch will hurt more than a 12v battery going into the primary of the ignition coil. It can't hurt "more than points" because it isn't a substitute for points. The points are simply a timing mechanism that will time when the 12v battery needs to be connected to the primary of an ignition coil or the same points can be a timing mechanism that will tell a MSD when to discharge its capacitor to the primary of an ignition coil.

You're in Penticton - one of my friends and associates lives in Penticton and is one of the world's leading authorities on hydrogen supplementation in engines. I can connect you with him if you're interested in learning something that can take the Datsun world to a whole other level in performance, etc...

Did it show it running any better, better gas mileage, better performance?

This Datsun is new to me so I'm in the process of doing the experiments. It doesn't matter what anyone's belief's is, etc... the only thing that matters is doing the experiments and documenting the results, which is what I will do.

If you saw my whole video, you can see the plasma discharge compared to the stock MSD setup.

I have a jet engine that runs on 99% water and a trace of propane.

My friend put this plasma ignition on his 1300cc bug and he leaned out the jets and have a bit of water vapor injection - he got a 42% increase in mileage and the temperature of the engine dropped over 100F proving a significant increase in thermal efficiency.

As in my other post, you don't have to believe me but go study the references at NASA, JPL, SAE, etc... and search the keywords Plasma Jet Ignition. You will see significant increases in mileage, power and reduction in emissions. I didn't invent this form of plasma ignition, but I did invent and got a patent for the world's most efficient way to produce it that NASA, etc... could never figure out. I also start with a higher initiating voltage since I use a MSD/CDI. That means that I can simultaneously use the capacitor in those modules as the source of energy for the primary of the ignition coil AND the source of energy for the Low voltage and high current impulse to discharge across the gap at a voltage that all the text books will tell you is too low to jump a gap, but there it is.

Smokey Yunick was working with this form of plasma with the antiquated way of producing it back in the late 70's and the results were so mind-blowing that he had a regular series on it in popular mechanics.

don't put MSDs in brother!!!!!!!!!!! ever see the solder joints under that box??????????  not that reliable.

I've used the MSD low budget brand street fire MSD's for my plasma ignition for almost 10 years and have never had one fail. Nobody uses these MSD units like I do except for the people that I taught and everyone gets phenomenal results. I'd build my own cap charging circuit, but for $150 delivered on Amazon, it's not worth my time when I can just buy one.

why do people think that because this gizmo is in a nice, bright red box, it will give them better performance and gas mileage. 1). they don't go beyond what is advertised. 

Never had them on my current and previous cars; 240Z, 65 falcon, 65 mustang 70 and 71 Datsun wagon, 510, 76 capri and 75 Celica. I did convert some cars to points to elect. distributor or Pertronics and did noticed somewhat a better idle but not better gas mileage and not better performance.  So sell the box or trade it or save your money.

That means you actually have to watch my video to understand what I'm actually doing with it. Please don't think I'm excited about the slightly stronger spark that these units give.

Watch from 27:40 to 31:58 and you will see what I mean.

YOu got a 76 Capri??

I had a 78 In Germany

MSD do work but not  enuff  gains to clutter up a small engine bay

Watch from 27:40 to 31:58 - that is NOT the spark that MSD intended to give you - my modification obsoletes every off the shelf performance ignition system in the world.

• Like 1

Horse shit to dropping the engine temp 100 degrees. Horse shit to running a jet engine on 99% water. If that bug got 42% better mileage then the choke was stuck on before. You are a snake oil salesman throwing around wild comments like "this is a scientific fact" to be taken as fact and it isn't. Seeing a brighter spark does not make it better, only brighter. It proves nothing.....  ANYONE can easily get more than 10% better mileage just by changing how they drive. Have fun with your sparkler.... my EI distributor works just fine.     

well maybe a Ratsuner should try it?????

Get a FREE  BOX

Plasma  give Stroffgren Motorsports a FREE BOX to ck it out.

Finally, an open mind.

He can buy his own and probably has one already - this thread is about MSD's - no need for me to provide one to anyone. I saw his website - any MSD/CDI unit will do - if he is such a "savant" as he claims with engines, this will be a breeze. Just hook it up like normal and add my high voltage diode method. The non-resistor cables are not required since the cap does not discharge through the cables, but the less loss you have for the initiating spark, the better.

If he hooks up the CDI/MSD, all he needs then are the high voltage diodes (about $10 delivered from ebay for 4 of them like I show in the video) and some wires - very inexpensive. As long as the coil and cables are suitable for cdi/msd, then he's set other than the diodes and non-resistor plugs.

He doesn't need a diagram or anything other than what is shown in the video since I show exactly what is needed.

The only consideration is which direction the diodes go and that depends on the polarity of the HV output of the ignition coil. It will be either hv positive or hv negative.

If he gets that far, I will coach him the rest of the way.

Don't need to watch video.  Unless you have some serious mod engine, then just maybe MSD box is useful. A spark is a spark.

This is the difference between a MSD spark and my patented method, which uses the SAME joules of potential energy in the cap - the difference is that I understand what electricity is and how it works and MSD and other ignition manufacturers do not. My method is so much more powerful because I am able to get the joules of potential energy in the capacitor to discharge in a much shorter time, which means the energy density goes through the roof since it is in a much shorter time.

A spark is NOT a spark. That is a false misconception and is why a normal spark cannot ignite an ultra lean engine and make the temp drop because the thermal efficiency is not increased. With my plasma, the thermal efficiency IS increased because my plasma impulse can instantly dissociate the hydrogen from the hydrocarbon molecules in the lean mixture making that hydrogen readily available and a normal spark cannot. It's not even debatable.

plasmaignition.jpg