Flat Bastard 620

So I saw a 620 I couldn't pass up on Craigslist locally and well again bought another lol.

KA24DE off a 93 240sx, 5 speed off a 720, and rear is off a Nissan Patrol talk about a hybrid Nissan love it. As you will see that flat bed is probably weighing it down a lot and that rear end with the combination of short ratio 5 speed isn't helping I'll eventually swap rear ends, and put a 620 bed back on it. Wiring is a mess but expected for what I paid but it all works runs and drives was a daily driven for a guy who did sometype of construction work and this was his daily beater.

5AF34B04-F615-4E1C-B833-AAADA89A3C14_zps

EA5DCBB7-BA23-4FE3-9E35-5FCD18F3AB2D_zps

A6DA38E5-0DE2-48CC-8F39-F91523F436E4_zps

• Like 4
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Its been a minute since I've updated, still running and driving strong with no major issues. I did a tune up and oil change at work last week, replaced heater core hose, did the valve cover gasket and spark plug seal as i had oil in my 4th spark plug. Still managed to get 2 car lengths on one of my co-workers 2002 subaru wrx, rematch coming soon after his tune.

It still has the stock radiator with 2 electric fans and its always ran pretty hot 190-195, thermostat is gonna get changed hopefully that helps some. Still need to address the vacuum leaks, and definitly the exhaust with those chicken shit welds it has to the stock blown out 620 muffler lol. Wiring i still have yet to get to but pretty soon will get done.

Changed front wheels to a bit wider for now. Been trying to chase a short or bad ground on my passenger side tail light and get the turn signals to work again.

Pics of course as it looks now.

20160910_182334_zpsiwn3rvap.jpg

20160910_182406_zpsmo2gktzc.jpg

Drove it all the way to my old place where i was raised as a kid.

20160919_181024_zpsvctovuyk.jpg

20160919_181007_zpsrvoxo3cb.jpg

20160919_180930_zpsmcetu1jf.jpg

This last sunday went to my buddy Reza's place in Klamath Falls about 80 miles east of Medford. 620 did well there all the way except it burned half a tank half way there lol. Picked up some free parts and on the way home caught a snow storm with no working wipers but managed slowly the way home.

20161002_142432_zpszbjvbkxj.jpg

20161002_142444_zpsgftzphnd.jpg

20161002_142602_zpsdxcwhtno.jpg

20161002_152352_zpssmxfj1s4.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Been awhile the 620 had been sitting a for a month or so. Fixed the vacuum leaks on the intake, runs much better now, also new thermostat as well as cleaned the radiator out some more. Sold the lumber rack still got to fix the wiring but all in its time. Been thinking of selling it to get a bigger car now that we have 2 kids and it's getting cramped. Took it out for a drive today all around town and just can't find myself to sell it just yet.

Here's a short YouTube video not much but just having fun.

• Like 6

Another video in the beginning there was a BMW M3 V8 behind me. He would get on my ass but then backed off a few times after not being able to pass me. At the end came up to a black ricey new edge mustang with a huge wing lol and another blue mustang nothing happened after the video cut off he ended up hauling ass to turn off another way.

For the best of me can't get the passenger taillight running light to work but brake lights come on just fine. I was thinking it could be corrosion but th other one that works looks the same but works.

Thanks it really throws people off when they see it take off next to there sports car. I have a bed for it when the flatbed comes off Someday.

Hilarious

I call bad ground through the light housing on the taillights. Just a guess

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...