snowflake 240z

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pair of datsuns! Can I haz the 710 coupe?!

yeah everyone likes that one!!! its an all original car i am the second owner! lady bought it off the showroom floor in 1974. only bad thing is the seat covers are torn know anywhere that sells new oem covers? also just bought the dual su L18 sss carbs for it can't wait to put them on.  

• Like 1

Looking good! Big props for building that thing outside. Not sure how LA summers are, but I know in about a month it will be a million degrees here in Texas.

Keep up the progress :)

Z looks pretty solid. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

trying to keep it as stock as possible with just minor upgrades! i want to drop it an inch rims tires new air filter electronic points, 6into1 header magnaflow exhaust! the guy previous to me put a 5 speed into it all already and has a 2.5 inch exhaust!!! win in my books. energy suspension bushing all around. disk back brakes. oh and last a paint job lol  

Looking good! Big props for building that thing outside. Not sure how LA summers are, but I know in about a month it will be a million degrees here in Texas.

Keep up the progress :)

i live in the valley in LA so the summers get up into the 100-108 range not fun :( and thanks 

Looks like a great base to start from.

Any reason why you didn't prep the interior metal after removing the original sound deadener before applying the new stuff? Wouldn't that possibly be a potential rust starting spot now?

• Like 2

I would invest in the 710.

the 710 is mint nothing really i want to do....besides do a 5 speed swap and put on the new carbs i got for it!!! just bought l18 sss japanese style carbs and intake for it!! they are in good shape after a quick rebuild and install it should be cherry!! i want to enter this car into JCCS we will see.. i need a coupe random parts for this car and they are hard to come by.

Looks like a great base to start from.

Any reason why you didn't prep the interior metal after removing the original sound deadener before applying the new stuff? Wouldn't that possibly be a potential rust starting spot now?

hey after i striped the old stuff out i wire wheeled the floors and rust spots. cleaned up as much as i could and then put the new stuff down.. only one spot that i should've patched but i will do that down the road unless i pick up a new one shortly.  i just want to make it my everyday car ASAP plus i live in socal and i get rain once a year if we are lucky 

• 3 months later...

sorry guys i have not posted in a while here is a couple updates on my cars hope you enjoy!  i ended up blowing the head gasket trying to get it run after 15 years. so here is the process i went through

1_zpsyj3gtl6b.jpg

2_zpsk2zkooq7.jpg

3_zpsrhczxjpb.jpg

4_zps6m4h3khq.jpg

5_zpsh5p3migh.jpg

mock up on 6 into one the previous owner had a 2.5 inch exhaust throughout the so all i did was get a header and cut and weld a new flange 

19_zpskzi4cpuz.jpg

dropped it off at the shop to get it tuned since i couldn't get it running right. runs like a dream now 

21_zpsganybrqg.jpg

found these caps at autozone to plug my advance lines so clutch.

22_zpsiq3ekssl.jpg

replacing head lights 

20_zpsroizotas.jpg

current state... now its just little detail to get it where i want as a day driver.

so only problems i'm having with the car is the lights only want to work on high beams... not low beams anybody have any idea why this would be happening? also the tachometer gets stuck.. and then if i tap the face it goes back to where it should anybody run into this problem. and how how about's do i remove one ? thanks again 

• Like 2

Im thinking its the relay inside .  Or if one has a spare relay try that 1st as its the ezist. or make a jumper ifyou know what pins(drawing/schematic)

Jap wiring is pretty good. Most time its just corrossion. one just needs to find where.

where would i find the relay on the car?i just replaces all the fuses on the car thinking that maybe it... it wasn't lol. 

• 1 month later...