Hundred buck truck! 1979 620 kc

Dick222

Good evening ,I'm brand new to ratsun!

I'm 40 and owned a 620 when i was in high school. Iv been thinking about getting one again but had to have a kc this time.

Long story short, my buddy calls me 2 days ago and asks me if I'm still looking for a 620? I am moving in 2 weeks and have alot going on so i said probably not right now.

He then says would if you could get it for $100?

So here i am the proud owner of a 1979 kc.

Pros:new tires. Rear slider window. All glass in great shape. Tailgate skin. Grill emblem. Headliner intact. Weber carb. Everything works! Runs,drives, stops, title,current tabs. Drove it home!

Cons: ROUGH BODY! Seats are shot. GIANT hole in the floor! Dash is cracked all over. Glove box broken at seam. Spray painted exterior. Missing 1 hub cap. Sun roof.

So my plan is to keep cleaning, tinker with the brakes a Lil. Can't decide between 3" or 4" blocks and index torsions. 2 new fenders. Possibly a new bed but i think i kinda like the patina of the original. Ambers.new seats. Definitely looking to do it my way.

Iv been trolling here for months and iv seen how this goes. I'm hoping that i will post pics and a treasure trove of info will pour in by all the ratsun geniuses gladly helping a newcomer. I'm a remodeler by trade but no mechanic by any means. This truck is basic enough for me to work on with just a little guidance. Thanx in and for any info you might have to help a guy along.

• Like 2
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun Richard or do you prefer Dick? :lol:  You've come to the right place for help. Now your next job is posting some pictures of your '79. We know the the '79 was the only year the radio antenna was on the drivers side so you can't fool us.

• Like 1

Thanx for the heads up flatcat. I'll be sure to hit up the Cheney Napa. I can use all the help i can get. If you happen to know anywhere i can go show this thing of around spokane feel free to let me know. I'd sure appreciate it.

• Like 2

Thanx for the heads up flatcat. I'll be sure to hit up the Cheney Napa. I can use all the help i can get. If you happen to know anywhere i can go show this thing of around spokane feel free to let me know. I'd sure appreciate it.

HRH will fill you in on what's up in Spokane.

We just held our first TC/Spokane/Yakima meet last month.

Great turn out.

When searching for things/info for your truck using Google, include Ratsun as a search word.

EX: Ratsun 620 seat upgrade BOOM!

• Like 2

We have few more guys up there and in June they will get together to drive their dattos to the Canby show in Oregon, we also have one near Eugene this year, hopefully you can tag along this June :thumbup:

Here's a taste shot by Matt himself last year....

• Like 1

So apparently I'm having a Lil trouble figuring out how to post the pic and not the link. Still a Lil confused

Thanx for the help guys

Welcome to Ratsun

You can edit your posts once you figure it out

Sand off that rattle can and show off the dark orange, you could even find same color replacement fenders.

Interesting that they'd put a tach in an automatic truck, I mean the tranny shifts for you. What good does a tach do?

• Like 1

So I've been doing all of this from my phone. Laptop will be close enough...

Screenshot_20160424-001051_zpsvdba4cqn.p

On the laptop screen, right side will be 4 different code links.

Click the IMG code. You will see it flash yellow and say "Copied."

Paste that code to the text box below.

• Like 1

Pull n Save will be your friend - http://www.pullandsave.com/home.htm

Got to Inventory, find Datsun in the dropdown menu, then hit Search. I don't see any 620s at either location, but they aren't real timely about keeping the Inventory updated. So it is always worth just doing a walk through to see if anything new has come into the yard but not listed on the website. The $2 admission charge (good for both locations if you get a hand stamp) is the best cheap entertainment in Spokane.

To me that truck doesn't look at all bad, especially considering the price. And running? I've never bought a running Datsun. I can't quite imagine what that would be like. I didn't even know it is possible. :D

Len