1980 510

Reigelalex

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The A10 is nothing like the PL510 you wish you had gotten.

Nothing wrong with your A10 though.

You can get round lights. You just need to find a 1979 A10/510 that has the lights you want.

You'll need grill, headlights, headlight buckets, and all the hardware.

Welcome to Ratsun. Post some pics.

• Like 1

You have an '80-'81 A10 also known as the HL510 but it's a '510' in name only and only in N. America to capitalize on the original name to generate sales. To prevent confusion we call them by their proper name the A10

Here's yours with rectangular headlamps and gauges as well as the newer NAPS Z20S engine...

006_zps096273f4.jpg

The '78 '79 A10 had round headlamps and dash gauges and the old 2 liter L series engine

10570005_938110982906364_709080146_n.jpg

This is the original '68-'73 510 (Bluebird) Looks like a '69 model. Has IRS (independent rear suspension) and the small 1.6 liter L series engine.

7103766189_06612641ca_o.jpg

Nothing wrong with an A10, I'd love to have one.

1jz won't fit without serious surgery. If you need 6 cylinders go vg or vq. If you need jdm status, go sr20 or vq25. If you want a fun bad ass running driving car, just go ka. But, if you must 1jz it, be sure you have the time, money, and essential skills before you turn the first bolt.

It's a cool car. When you are ready to part with your z20, I might be interested in picking up a few parts.

• Like 1

If it fails, you won't have a car left to put any motor in.

Welcome to Datsun. Not ruin a Datsun.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I'll still have a car. It's a project for a reason bud. Gotta try new things. But honestly, if it doesn't fit, then a f20c would work :P

The fenders and hood stayed the same through the A10 run. To get the 'round eye' front you simply need the '78/79 grill, headlamp pots and the round headlamps. You will also need to poke out two of the electrical wires from the plug and swap them on the low beams. The rectangular lamp plugs are physically the same, but wired differently from the round.

That's too nice a car to fuck it up with a boat anchor weight engine, that don't fit. The fact you mention it tells me you've never done a swap before. If it fails you'll go SR? There will be no going back on a one way street. Do your homework! Chopping the car up to make it fit gets no fucks given. I would be over the moon thrilled if you fit a VG engine in there, now that IS doable with lots of work and it's almost the same weight as the KA. Tons and tons of torque, power and after market support (and Nissan, but I would support almost any 4 or V6 that actually fits)

The fenders and hood stayed the same through the A10 run. To get the 'round eye' front you simply need the '78/79 grill, headlamp pots and the round headlamps. You will also need to poke out two of the electrical wires from the plug and swap them on the low beams. The rectangular lamp plugs are physically the same, but wired differently from the round.

That's too nice a car to fuck it up with a boat anchor weight engine, that don't fit. The fact you mention it tells me you've never done a swap before. If it fails you'll go SR? There will be no going back on a one way street. Do your homework! Chopping the car up to make it fit gets no fucks given. I would be over the moon thrilled if you fit a VG engine in there, now that IS doable with lots of work and it's almost the same weight as the KA. Tons and tons of torque, power and after market support (and Nissan, but I would support almost any 4 or V6 that actually fits)

Thanks mike, you make a lot of sense. It's still a while before then, I never said I'll do it tomorrow lol. But thanks bud, I'm just taking in everything everyone is saying. And as far as swaps, I have done swaps, but every topic about 510 swaps from ratsun to nicoclub forums all say different things and suggest different ways, everyone is quick to bitch but not to help. It's always, "don't do it" or shit like that. Lol.

• Like 1

The information people have was not free.

The knowledge collected costs money.

Can't blame someone for not writing you a book about the collective experience.

Also...your new. We see 'you' come and go.

New guy says he's doing this swap or that swap. Our collective experience sees that u finished swap on CL or at the Pull N Save months later.

We ain't hatin. We just want to see Datsuns on the road.

It would be a shame to see your car never hit the road again.

• Like 1

Thanks mike, you make a lot of sense. It's still a while before then, I never said I'll do it tomorrow lol. But thanks bud, I'm just taking in everything everyone is saying. And as far as swaps, I have done swaps, but every topic about 510 swaps from ratsun to nicoclub forums all say different things and suggest different ways, everyone is quick to bitch but not to help. It's always, "don't do it" or shit like that. Lol.

Hey, if it was harsh sounding it's even harsher seeing an A10 scrapped. That's a nice car and although the original 510s are great I would rather have an A10.