Got to order some stuff.

edekalil

Gotta get my stuff for the wagon like master cylinder for the breaks and for the clutch, rear wheel cylinders and clutch slave. That should get the breaks and clutch working. I was considering ordering from Rock Auto, just not sure if I would be doing any better or just buy those parts local that way if there is any issues it would be easier to deal with. Not putting anything fancy just for a stock setup at this time.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will probably get the parts local that way if there is any problems it should be easier to deal with. Thanks for the input.

I've got a few wrong parts from them. But they have always been very easy to work with when returning stuff. Actually.. a few times they just said keep the stuff.. and we'll send the correct parts.

What I ususally do is build my rockauto order, get a price with shipping, then compare to local prices. Easy to make a decision at that point. Also, I buy in bulk since it's cheap enough. Need one valve cover gasket? Buy 3 and store the spares for the next time. 

When rock ships correct parts it great. But ordered pistons, got over size ones. What a pita

Usually best to go oversize when rebuilding. The block will always be worn most in the upper 1/2" of the cylinder where all the compression and power is made. A simple hone and ring job doesn't make it new. Stock replacement pistons are no better than the original ones that were in it (unless broken) New bore and new pistons/rings and you have a new engine.

Yea I got what the local parts place had, so far the last time I got the same stuff was a year and a half ago and those are still working fine so for now that's what I am doing. Anyway the good thing is hopefully not to far down the way it should be running and driving.