Engine harness questions

Ish

I'm planning on eliminating the EFI from my '77 (triple sidedraft) and running different ignition ( optical Dizzy and MSD 6AL).  I've been hunting down the engine harness, trying to find what connections will no longer be used and weigh my wiring options.  It's a restomod project with slow progress, so I'm trying to sort of fumble my way into a plan.

Aside from the primary differences (AFM and fuel injection), would it be possible to use a 240/260z engine harness on a 280?  Assuming the connectors are the same and the pinouts are the same, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but thought I would check here before I start taking wires out.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

240Z Connectors are different.

Thank you, that's the kind of answer I was after.

Probably a better idea then to label all the connectors and create a new engine harness.

What Mike said!

See my thread http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64021-75-280z-finally-out-of-the-garage-and-a-few-pictures/ for a few more details and tips.

One other note, when I remove the EFI harness I somehow lost my tachometer signal.  But I had switched from the old '75 distributor at the same time.  Still haven't had the time to resolve that problem.  The 77 and 75 distributor setup is different, so you may not have that issue.