vanilla

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost.. just taking my time making sure everything is correct plus I'm fixing n recrimping wires that were done incorrectly in my opinion... I think I might need a speedo cable cuz for 1 it wasn't connected n 2 it looks like something is broken in the cable that connects to the speedometer..

Also a blue wire on my hazard lights was disconnected.. so I'm sure that's why they weren't working..

I also see a blue n white wire that's disconnected coming from the vent under the dash..? I'm guessing it's for the fan..?.. not sure.. but I'll be finding out soon..

I will be redoing the inside of my truck though.. I really want to rig some stuff up with wood to go with my steering wheel n shift knob.. n I am either gonna lay some dynamat or some other alternative to make the ride a Lil more pleasant for my gurl.. n passengers..

I got this when I thought it was the cause of my leak. It turned out to be the pinion O rings. Then I put in a GPS speedo, so I dont need it.

If you can check and make sure it fits yours, you can have it for shipping costs. Brand new in the box from Rock Auto.

speedo_zps1cetbqnz.png

Here goes some pics on how I rigged my relay up...like I said earlier I'm using a relay that has two 87 connections and ran both of my low beams to this relay..it's a 40 amp relay by kc-hilites..

14sfuad.jpg

2z86x4x.jpg

86 goes to the positive wire (red/white) that was connected to the stock lights..

waq41v.jpg

Brown wire coming off the ellipsoid lights grounds to nearest screw..

1440390.jpg

Atm inline fuse holder.. I will be running either 30 or 40 amp fuse.. this will go on the 30 connection between the relay n the positive terminal of the battery..

2mnpx4x.jpg

69i9g8.jpg

Ohhh n the 85 I connected to the red and black wire.. we will see how that goes.. if u guys see that I have done something wrong.. please let me know.. again I'm not good with electric stuff so let me know..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Suup guys.. so i figured all my wiring out under my dash thnx too the datsun repair manual.. n fixed all the burnt wires n got the headlights fixed.. now the only thing is that wen I put the high beams on they completely switch n the low beams shut off.. I would like all 4 lights to stay on wen I switch it to high beam.. any suggestions?..

Also she's running n I finally purchased a 210 head.. got everything upholstered except the headliner painted the dash etc.. will be posting pics soon..

• Like 1

Before you go getting frisky, how many wires connect to your low beam headlight? If it's 3, then it's already designed to function how you want, with the lows on with the high. So just a problem that needs to be identified.

• Like 1

Hobospder has the right idea... but the diodes would be hooked up to the 86 or 85 on the relay....

Depending on how you install them they let either ground through or power....

And technically I think you only need one diode.... that relay you installed has two outputs? Is that powering all 4 low beams. .. if so you take a signal from the high beams to turn the relay on...

Is 86 connected to the factory switch?

If so you would put Two diodes coming off the relay on 86.. one goes to what you have and another coming from the high beams...

I can explain more if you want or need just let me know...

I have diodes at home too so I can give you a better idea of what your looking at and which way they get installed....

• Like 1

The relay is only connected to the low beams.. not all 4.. and yes they are connected to the switch..

I'm having an issue now where sometimes the lights won't turn on..on demand.. I'll try to figure that out .. I saw some diagrams on diodes n looks like I just have to put one in between the low n high wires..

I'll be honest I have no idea how those lights are suppose to come on.... I haven't seen the headlights turn on on my 521 in almost 12 years... actually about to deal with that whole system soon...

I thought one had the high and low and one just low... so in that regards i' m probably useless....

Is one set high and one set low?

And if yes then the diode would go from the high beam wire ( gray band is opposite the high beam wire) and then to the 86 on your low beam relay....

• 2 years later...