vanilla

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but work kept me busy... I recently had this problem with my electrical n it seems like after fixing my BMW lights that this went wrong.. first sign was the 15 amp headlight fuse popped a weak n a half after I got the headlights fixed.. so I put a 25 amp fuse n it seemed fine but should've payed more attention to my truck I guess cuz the alternator ground wire totally burned up n my throttle cable is destroyed.. I noticed after peeling the burnt wire that ders a wire that goes to the headlights but I'm kind of in a bind n dont know where to go from here.. so I need some expertise..

you can see the burnt look on the fuse..67l445.jpg no other wires were burnt.. just the one.. even though ders other wires coming from the one..

2qxyjgo.jpg where it grounds..guessing..

11189e9.jpg

11icw7s.jpg

htfdqh.jpg this is how the guy that fixed my wires rigged it up.. I think this is the problem but wut u think..

9stmh3.jpg these wires were swapped to make the lights work.. is this correct?

144nsz.jpg

Fuses protect wire. Increasing a fuse size is not a solution. But it is a great way to keep busy with more problems. If you blow fuses, you have too much load on the circuit. To fix this, you need to run a new circuit. Larger AWG wire with larger fuse direct from the fuse block. It's less difficult than it sounds, but it does require a few bits and pieces. Headlight harness that came with the headlights should be sized right. But the wire running to them needs to be sized for the load.

Thanx hobo Laecaons demonstration is probably the most detailed one i'ma find.. which wire is which is wut I was having problems with..

i haven't tackled rebuilding wiring yet but if you follow it make sure you do everything that's in there. relays and fuses are important because:

You need to add the relays. Without the relays it will cook again.