vanilla

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should put the year in your profile but if L16 then likely a '73.

The '73 had two transmission switches, the second one was 4th gear. Very basically and with the conditions set by a carb switch and a temp switch in the cab if above half throttle, in fourth gear and the temp is 50F or above you are running at the correct advance. Any thing less and the second set of points retards the timing 7 degrees. Yours is disconnected so you are running the correct full advance at all times.

If you have a stock L16, the 210 will be the best head to use without losing compression.

Any other head will be a huge drop in compression.

2012SeanConneryPAGrn200812.article_x4.jp

Yesh.....

• Like 1

You should put the year in your profile but if L16 then likely a '73.

The '73 had two transmission switches, the second one was 4th gear. Very basically and with the conditions set by a carb switch and a temp switch in the cab if above half throttle, in fourth gear and the temp is 50F or above you are running at the correct advance. Any thing less and the second set of points retards the timing 7 degrees. Yours is disconnected so you are running the correct full advance at all times.

2012SeanConneryPAGrn200812.article_x4.jp

Yesh.....

cool..

How's the gap between the hub and the clamshell?

How far did it push your wheel towards you?

What diameter is the wheel?

Smaller than stock? Harder to turn, eh?

the gap between the clams shell is tits..

The wheel is about no more then two inches closer..feels slightly the same compared to the original stock wheel..

Diameter is 365mm on the new wheel..

I assume all this is for theft protection? Otherwise?????????????

Could someone reach in and steal your quick release? or do you need a key or something?

yah I did it for theft n looks.. I wanted a wooden wheel to go along with my wooden shift knob..the quick release is attached to the steering wheel.. so wherever the steering wheel goes the quick release goes..? Nrg does have a lock for the hub though.. that's on its way..