Need help identifying my 5 speed

Make no mistake, garages tack on lots of extra for profit. The same parts from Nissan are under $200. Generally you can get close to original equipment quality for about 2/3 of that from places like NAPA. But the best quality are Nissan made in Japan parts. 

After market parts tend to be generic and 'one size fits all'. If a garage does it, who knows what Chinese junk might be going in.

Check out that $50 set. The pressure plate should have 30210-K0400 stamped on it if from Nissan. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the transmission to fit the 510 without modifying the drive shaft length it must be 26" long. (66mm)

There were no zx transmissions that length, they were 31.5" or 80mm.

Gee mikey, you English to metric conversion is only off by a factor of 10..........

66mm is 2.598 inches.

But we all know, math isn't your strong point.

Being an @$$ hole is though.

You sure are a self righteous bastard aren't you. You are king of the whole "takes one to know one" thing.

Come in pot, this is kettle. This is kettle. Come in pot. Over.

Factor of ten is a missed 0 and you know it. How much time do you spend trolling for Mike mistakes each day? Must be exhausting. Geez all he did was tell you he thought you were dumb, and refuse to agree with you.

Well, fellow Datsun owner, it wasn't that he missed a zero, he typed an 'm', instead of a 'c'.

The difference between a milimeter (mm), and a centimeter (cm) is a factor of ten.

Guess he didn't know that, or was to tanked to realize it. (or what ever his problem is)

But he did it twice, so not a simple typo.

mikey started it with his bull $#it in my build thread.

He can stop it by either apologizing, and clearing his crap out of my thread,

or exterminating me, like Stallin or Hitler would.

Until then, I will point out every time he screws up.

Well, fellow Datsun owner, it wasn't that he missed a zero, he typed an 'm', instead of a 'c'.

The difference between a milimeter (mm), and a centimeter (cm) is a factor of ten.

Guess he didn't know that, or was to tanked to realize it. (or what ever his problem is)

But he did it twice, so not a simple typo.

mikey started it with his bull $#it in my build thread.

He can stop it by either apologizing, and clearing his crap out of my thread,

or exterminating me, like Stallin or Hitler would.

Until then, I will point out every time he screws up.

If you are this butthurt over everything, why don't you block his posts. They wont show up on your screen. You misspelled Stalin.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally have my transmission back from the shop and was able to take a picture of the speedo cable port.  An earlier reply to this post indicated that this may have a clue to definitively identifying what this 5 speed originally came out of. So here goes:

0523161714_zpssia3dfru.jpg

Does that help??

Also, what is this sending unit on the side for? Reverse lights?

846678c3-c546-4648-bb74-bbedd3408521_zps

• 1 month later...

I've been able to drive the truck with the "rebuilt" tranny now installed.  I have a leak where the speedo attaches to the tail shaft.  I removed the cable and it seems that the "top hat" gasket is in good shape and I don't see any signs of gear oil creeping up the cable into the cab.  I'm assuming that the "O" ring on the pinion was replaced with all of the other rings and seals during the rebuild.  It didn't appear to be leaking from there.  Rather, it looked like it was coming out of the threaded housing at the end of the cable.  I noticed that inside this cup is an "O" ring.  The one inside of mine looks pretty mangled.  Are these typically part of the speedo cable assembly?  0625161729_zpsoxvfvezo.jpg