620 Bearing Cage Compatibility

I need (want) a rear axle bearing cage for a 1979 Datsun 620.

Stock L20B regular cab

I'm pretty much looking for any and all information on this. Anyone with knowledge chime in.

From my research, the 620 has a version of the H190 rear diff, but there are several versions, and they used the H190 in several chassis as well.

The part number I've been given to source is 43081-01W00, but that's coming up in google as the bearing cage for a 720.

I've got access to a part # 43081-32201, which appears to be for the 520, and # 43081-V0100which looks like is for the Nissan Cedric.

My understanding of these part numbers is the first series of numbers tells what the part is, and then the second series of numbers equates to what vehicle it fits, with the last digit referencing what company manufactured it.

My question is: How interchangeable are these parts?

Through searching I've seen that some of the internals of the H190 are not interchangeable, but it seems likely that the bearing cage might be.

It's such a random and simultaneously specific part though that I haven't seen a definitive answer.

Any knowledge would be appreciated, both for myself and future searchers.

tldr; Can I use a 520 axle bearing cage in a 620 rear diff?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Cedric bearing cage # 43081-V0100 is NOT going to work for this application

ysG72VZ.jpg?1

It bolts up correctly and one bearing fits

io6j3RG.jpg?1

However, the bearing for the other side does not. 

TaIPgWD.jpg?1

The Cedric must have tiny axles in comparison to the 620. It really doesn't look like there's enough room to fit a bearing in there with the 620 axle in place. That makes using bearings from the Cedric and calling it a day unfeasible. This part will not work.

Anyone with any information on the topic chime. And obviously if you have any spare 620 bearing cages lying around, I'm looking for one.

Next I'll be trying # 43081-32201, which I believe fits the Patrol 60 in Australia as well as the 520 in america

• 2 months later...

It bolts up correctly and one bearing fits

io6j3RG.jpg?1

However, the bearing for the other side does not. 

TaIPgWD.jpg?1

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. There's only one bearing that goes in that housing (where you have the green check mark). That inner surface you show the red X is where the outer seal goes. 

I just rebuilt this part of my axle the other night. One thing I did learn is that to trust no website when it comes to seal descriptions. Rockauto for example called the same seal from different companies an outer an and inner, when they were both inner. I'm starting to hate Rockauto. 

What is it you're trying to achieve? Are you simply replacing old, worn out or missing parts? Or are you trying to find a source for some kind of aftermarket application?

If the former, I wish you the best of luck. If the latter, have them manufactured. It's a fairly simple part.

Had a wheel bearing fail and then had to drive on it for a little bit. As a result, it chewed up the bearing cage so the new bearing won't seat correctly.

I was basically just trying to find a replacement, but the inner seal was not fitting on the cages that I had sourced. Their diameters were incorrect.

Sorry for the confusion on my previous posts. Didn't realize it was a seal, and not a second bearing.

I ended up having a new cage manufactured, like suggested.

For future reference, Nissan E-Fast says to use P/N 43081-B500043081-01W00 (Current PN) on all 620's. They are out of production, but suggests that some warehouses may still have inventory for dealers to order from..

My truck is being repaired by a Nissan dealer in Virginia Beach. Partially through the repair, they discovered this issue. They told me that the part was out of production, and that their new old stock warehouses didn't have any in inventory either.

I was given part number 43081-01W00, told to source it on my own, and good luck. I really only had a general idea of what the part was, and a series of digits that I wasn't overly confident was correct.(When I first brought the truck to the dealer they couldn't find it in their system because the VIN was too short).

I'm very new to Datsuns. Most of my experience is with Honda, and from that I am aware that parts from an Integra will bolt directly to a Civic. I was hoping Nissan had something similar and that would give me a lead on where to locate the part I was looking for.

I ended up having the part manufactured through http://jp-carparts.com/but with a turn-around time from order to delivery of 2 months, AND not being sure I'd even ordered the right thing, I decided it was a good idea to keep researching.

Nissan's mechanic says the part I brought appears to be correct, though I'm still waiting for completion. Fingers crossed.