Datsun 1200 Upgrade front brake caliper

LUIS COLCHETE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a search for the mklotz 1200 brake upgrade.

What he said.  

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24226-1200-brake-upgrade-mklotz70/

I m looking to upgrade front brake caliper and pads of my Datsun, i ve 13" whells, 

I ve seen on forum, 280zx modifications, but i dont if is necessary more changes.

280ZX brakes don't really work with 13" wheels. You'll also need to source 79-83 210 controls arms, tie rods, TC rods, steering knuckles, and ball joints to do that swap. 

My understanding is that you can't really upgrade them with the stock struts and keep a 13" wheel.  

If you want to go larger than the mklotz 280zx upgrade is the way to go but you will need a 14" + wheel or talk to them about what specific 13" wheels fit because some of them do fit even with the upgrade.

I will keep the stock struts, let me know how i beef up the stock brakes a bit?

The stock brakes are the stock brakes. Once you "beef them up" they aren't the stock brakes any longer.   ;)

How i will upgrade front disc brakes with stock stuts? 

Well...  :cool:

Luis:

As I tried  to tell you, it all comes down to WHEELS!

IF you lay a straight edge, that is 396mm long, centered. on the INSIDE of the wheel pictured-against the wheel mounting surface? - does the straight edge hit the spokes? Does it lay flat? IF the straight edge contacts the ANY part of the rim OR spokes- and is NOT COMPLETELY FLAT, against the wheel mounting surface -YOUR wheels will NOT work with Klotz/Morrisun front brake kit! So will they work?? OR not??

And yes, this brake kit widens the front by about 14.5mm

Luis, do your homework!

Does ebc or hawk or anyone make a pad that would fit? Are the calipers the same as a 510? Could 510 calipers be used? I believe there are high grade pads for the 510.

My point was not to do his research, but to offer him new ideas to pursue. You're right, none of those were terribly difficult questions. thanks for the answers though.

My dificult is not the choice of brakes pads.

My dificult is: i want get better front brakes. What you have done in yours Datsun 1200?  What you bought to fit under 13" wheels?

entire front suspension from a 79-83 210 with brakes? it takes advantages? I think will not? I m searching on ebay Nissan s13 brakes, IFor me is a good choice.

The problem is the measures i dont have any. Some people says s13 brakes and discs fits under 13" wheels??????

Im counting with your experinces

Many thanks on advance

Luis

The pads will give you better braking. Is that not what you are looking for? S13 won't clear 13s any better than the mklotz upgrade kit will.

What specifically do you mean by better brakes, if better pads aren't helpful at all? Are you wanting larger rotors? Vented rotors?

Man thanks for your quicly replies and sorry if i dont understand something that you told me before (very helpful during my other projects)

I have upgrade my engine i have to remove my brake booster,  and to compensate it, i decide to have big rotor brakes with big pads, so i have searching on RATSUN, and find somes great brake projects, I can try better pads but my original one are similar like these one 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DATSUN-1200-Front-Disk-Brake-Pads-GENUINE-Fits-NISSAN-B110-B210-120Y-GX-Coupe-/221313925553?hash=item33875681b1:g:iQEAAOSwnDxUcZuM

if you have more ideias, i am all ears

Many thanks

Luis

My point was not to do his research, but to offer him new ideas to pursue. You're right, none of those were terribly difficult questions. thanks for the answers though.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about pads to fit the Sentra caliper, ala mklotz kit. 

And I was just having a bit of fun...    ^_^

My dificult is: i want get better front brakes. What you have done in yours Datsun 1200?  What you bought to fit under 13" wheels?

If you are set on using your 13" wheels, there are only three options...

1. Find some better pads for the stock calipers.

2. Get the mklotz parts and cross your fingers that they clear. 

3. See below.

entire front suspension from a 79-83 210 with brakes? it takes advantages? I think will not?

It is an upgrade across the board. Better calipers, bigger rotors, beefier lower control arms, etc. And it will fit under your 13" wheels. 

I have used that in a car with a hot rod A14, and a lightly modified A15. Worked just fine for that.