Who wants to listen to me vent about a classifieds purchase...

First of all, this was on the Realm.  I dont post there much, and this will get much more pity for me :)

A member on there (and also a member here) was selling a maddat type front sway bar.  This is exactly what I needed, as I have a rotary swap, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping from Australia to here.  Yippie!! I say to myself! How perfect!!

I pm'd the seller, and he responded, and there are no hard feelings, but I just wanted to share/show what I purchased.

He said he ran it on his car, and it worked fine.  I guess it can be "made" to work, but theres no way it just bolted up with out him noticing it did not fit well at all...

25944705240_5b5a571657_h.jpg20160403_161908 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

25944705270_a1273553d4_h.jpg20160403_161935 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

25944705330_b02c185ef4_h.jpg20160403_162038 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

25944705360_f3c4fb2eb9_h.jpg20160403_162103 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

25944705410_2b4186e7af_h.jpg20160403_162145 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

25944705420_100557eea3_h.jpg20160403_162227 by thomas telesco, on Flickr

So as you can see by the pictures, the area where the bar mounts the frame is different lengths.  This makes the mounting point of the sway bar links offset.  It also barely fits imbetween the subframe and the bends of the bar.  There is no way to off center the bar to make up for the different positions of the bar ends.

I can not see it working well, and if you were to force the bar to bend outward to the passenger side link, I would think it would change the geometry of the bar on that side.  Being that its stressed more.

I just needed to vent/bitch about the almost three hundred bucks of my money that is absolutely fking wasted.

Do you think Im wrong about thinking Im being f'd on this deal?  Would you run it like this?  

Do you want to buy it for really cheap?  

I will probably just cut it up, so it cant fu*k anyone else.

Boohoo to me...suck it up bitch!! :)

Thanks for listening.

I wil be purchasing from maddat, so if anyone wants to pair up with shipping, I will be paying in a few days.

Go Ratsun!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you at least tried to work it out with the seller?  I recently bought something and there were some irreparable problems that he didn't notice, and we came to a mutual agreement.  I also bought some custom upper control arms way back and didn't look at them carefully when I received them.  One was quite obviously bent (or not bent far enough) and would never work properly without bending it into alignment.  But, I didn't look at them til a while after buying so my own fault...

• Like 1

Looks like top picture, the bar is reversed to the second one.

It's only an inch by the looks of it. Definitely NOT symmetric. Seller may not have be sophisticated enough to notice it didn't line up like the other side..

Heat the long end till yellow and hammer flat. Drill a new hole in correct place. Don't worry about temper. The end pieces are too short to bend and will easily overpower the horizontal length that twists. (torsion)