80 200sx owner here!

Actually, yes.  But at least it's right rear! ;)  If you'd care to loan me $1300 for the R180 LSD, I'll get right on changing it! :D  Oh wait, forgot, solid axle in the wagon.  No R180.  In fact, I think it's an H190?  Can't remember, too lazy to go look it up in the manual.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, yes.  But at least it's right rear! ;)  If you'd care to loan me $1300 for the R180 LSD, I'll get right on changing it! :D  Oh wait, forgot, solid axle in the wagon.  No R180.  In fact, I think it's an H190?  Can't remember, too lazy to go look it up in the manual.

Want to borrow a welder?

• Like 1

Maxima is 3.545 and H-190 in the wagon.

You don't want IRS in an S110. What would you get it out of? a 510/610? All that work for what? It already has a good axle and rear disc brakes. It has a 3.70 differential. A 3.90 would be better, a 4.11 even better. Even came with a rear sway bar.

If you want lowering ideas, my wagon is set up the same way as your 200sx, though I can't remember if it's a 4 link rear or leaf springs for the 200sx.  I think it's the same.  You can find that thread here:  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64594-1984-datsun-maxima-wagooooooon-hrhs-new-summer-daily-wynona/

Maxima is 3.545 and H-190 in the wagon.

You don't want IRS in an S110. What would you get it out of? a 510/610? All that work for what? It already has a good axle and rear disc brakes. It has a 3.70 differential. A 3.90 would be better, a 4.11 even better. Even came with a rear sway bar.

I think the generalization is that IRS is better in some way. I'm not worried about it with this one though. It's just gonna be a nice daily. The IRS swap is for the wagon whenever I get back to that project. I've got a bathroom and landscaping to handle before I put more money into the wagon.

Thanks

We got coil springs , rear should be simple. Coilovers in front would need some fabrication

Hope we can get it going and post the blueprint for future generations

Check the bolt pattern in the front. The S13 coils might bolt up. Once again, haven't checked.

Thanks

We got coil springs , rear should be simple. Coilovers in front would need some fabrication

Hope we can get it going and post the blueprint for future generations

Um...Industrial split collars. $20 a piece.

Blueprint had been written for ages. All searchable through Ratsun.

I think the generalization is that IRS is better in some way. I'm not worried about it with this one though. It's just gonna be a nice daily. The IRS swap is for the wagon whenever I get back to that project. I've got a bathroom and landscaping to handle before I put more money into the wagon.

IRS are great around town. When you start pushing on a road course they start to act up and adding in toe and camber rear steering effects. By the rime you stiffen springs, lower and modify the control arms to tame this you may as well have stayed with solid axle in the first place.

• Like 1

So, drained the old gas, replaced the plugs, and fuel filter, added some new gas and she started right up. Idles good. Missing a cylinder maybe. Not too sure. Put some 93 octane in to see if that would help break up the varnish. I'm pretty sure the miss is fuel, because if you spray ether into the intake, it smooths out.

Woooohhoo

Rad man, had tons of fuel issues with mine cause it was stored with gas.. Eventually replaced fuel pump

There are two plugs per cyl obviously , one set doesn't fire till 2500 or something.. And check the injector plugs, I had a loose one causing miss

Woooohhoo

Rad man, had tons of fuel issues with mine cause it was stored with gas.. Eventually replaced fuel pump

There are two plugs per cyl obviously , one set doesn't fire till 2500 or something.. And check the injector plugs, I had a loose one causing miss

The California S110 had the dual plugs per cylinder. All other (Federal) states had single plugs in '80 and switched to dual plugs for '81. Canadian Z20E were all single plug.

There is so much misconception about the NAPS dual plug system. So...

Dual plugs burn the fuel faster because there are two ignition points. Like burning a candle at both ends. If it takes less time to burn you can have much less advance. You can retard the ignition timing compared to a single plug engine.

Both plugs fire together. Period! The electronic ignition has a single module with one input trigger but two coil firing outputs.

One coil, (intake) is powered directly from the ignition key, so only through a fusible link from the battery. The exhaust side coil is powered through a fuse in the fuse box. If this fuse blows you will be running only on the intake side plugs and the engine will now (and in reality) run retarded and lack power and mileage.

Over the years it's possible that an owner has reversed the coil wires and the intake coil is firing the exhaust. Doesn't matter one bit.