Datsun B210 Head Studs

TheGam1ngK1ng

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to get grade 10 fasteners for about 1/4-1/3 the price of ARP from a fastener store, even if they have to order them. Measure the thickness of the head and make sure they are all the same length. Allow for head gasket and washer plus measure down into the block to find the thread depth. Make them slightly shorter or add washers so the bolt does not bottom out in the block. Not rocket science.

One of the bolts may be narrower to allow oil up from the block to oil the rocker arms??? Ask someone.

Mike is correct (I know, he is always correct), if I remember right, the smaller head bolt will have a "T" stamped in it and goes in the middle hole on the same side as the fuel pump. So, the thread is titled "head studs" and we have been talking about head bolts.  If you are in need of the studs that hold the manifolds on.....see below.

manifold stud:

up to 07/75 08213-82810 qty 11

from 08/78 08223-83010 qty 2 & 08213-82810 qty 9

nut: 08911-20810 qty 11  (the # I just recently used is: 08911-1082A)

lock washer: 08915-1381A qty 5

plain washer: 14037-E3000 (by the part # I do not think this is a plain washer, it should be a fat somewhat curved yoke that helps hold intake and exhaust together) qty 2

yoke: 14037-32200 qty 4 ( the # I recently used is 14037-N3600)

Most if not all of the part #'s are still available from Nissan (well, within the last 6 months)