Mopar v8 510

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about lengthening the front frame rails and clip. give it a longer hood? or using air bags to offset the weight gain, and placing the motor actually as far forward as possible in the compartment to maintain shifter placement and overall interior design, I was planning a tube x frame under the car so it has more structure but still looks stock I am not a fan of full caged cars.

That sounds like that will work.

see this thread, don't know how to re-post pics, I would let the rear tires hang out, lengthen the front end and maybe cut the roof off

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64882-280z-abandonned-in-the-wood/

Negative. The 4dr is stiffer than a 2dr and a goon stiffer than them all. If you don't like cages and roll bars keep the roof. The H-190 and leaf springs adds even more support.

Ha ha ha get it guys? No seriously do you get it...? Am I cool yet?

I've heard enough shit... wait till I post progress bitches it's going to be sweet all it takes is time;)

Don't get mad.... get to work.

I never follow any content I read so much anyway... but I imagine you click your name top right to access Your Profile. Upper right again just below My Settings is Content I Follow. Click it and again upper right is Toggle Edit Options. Click this and you will likely find something like  Un Follow and probably an ENTER button to initiate the changes.

Oh cool that makes sense I don't have a computer and my phone sucks so oh well I guess

There is a button at the bottom of the page that says "full version" just click that then it will switch to the desktop version and you can click that unfollow button.

Blackpearl, Keep the engine as far back as possible.  If you just leave the flywheel where it is and extend the motor forward, you'll have so much more weight hanging off the nose of the car that'll you'll need power steering as a bare minimum to drive it.  Figure out where the center of gravity is for your L16 engine, then put the CG for the new engine closer to the firewall, or at least no further forward.  The general rule of thumb for good handling is to have the front of the engine behind the center of the front wheels.  Moving the suspension forward is an option, but the front fenders can get real ugly real fast, and an overall look at the car's proportions is in order.  If you just "put it where it fits" you'll get an ugly beast that sucks to drive.  All of a sudden mid/rear engine is starting to sound fantastic.   :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice I was playing around with hood lengthening and it did end up wierd plus a longer wheelbase would handle worse as well so bye bye heater core.

I won't drive this one in the cold anyway with it being my "fun" car so if I can't find a good home for the heater core it won't bug me too much.

The motor mounts on the dodge are all the way at the front of the engine so I will be fabricating some sort of set forward plate I'm sure.

We will see when I get to it.

Off to work.