Any feed back on futofab 510 bumpers?

walpal

Like the title says, anyone have any experience with Dave's bumpers? They are sure sounding attractive after getting some quotes on re-chroming in Calif. It isn't a show car but I want it to look nice. And no, I don't want to paint or powder coat the ones I have. I've bought other parts from him and have been very happy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So I went with Futofab bumpers and am very glad I did. Great price for what you get vs. re-chroming my old ones. Some differences from stock but that is all pointed out on the Futofab's web site. Also, if he has them in stock, you'll probably have them a lot quicker than the shops turn around time.

One piece front on the repop'd which I'm OK with, no seam to corrode down the line. One shop said that is why they don't like to do 510 bumpers since they can't get in there and really fix em' right. Also no holes for the overriders (though the mounting piece that attach to the brackets is drilled for them) again I am OK with that since I am not going to run them.

back%20of%20ft%20bumper.jpg

Back bumper is also  one piece so previous remark applies. This one does have holes for overriders.

They come well boxed and wrapped in foam padding and should survive all but the most brutal delivery service.

box.jpg

Chrome looks really good. Maybe not Pebble Beach quality but probably better than came from the factory.

ends.jpg

frt%20mounted.jpg

I have only mounted the front bumper so far, but everything lines up good (once I figured out I had the brackets swapped to the wrong side) with one side needing the bracket holes elongated a little to get it to fit perfect.

I didn't weight them but their very simialiar in this regards. Only down side is the rest of the shiny bits look dull in comparison  :blush:

Looking forward to getting the back mounted up and getting the car out on the street. Thanks Dave!

• Like 6

So I went with Futofab bumpers and am very glad I did. Great price for what you get vs. re-chroming my old ones. Some differences from stock but that is all pointed out on the Futofab's web site. Also, if he has them in stock, you'll probably have them a lot quicker than the shops turn around time.

One piece front on the repop'd which I'm OK with, no seam to corrode down the line. One shop said that is why they don't like to do 510 bumpers since they can't get in there and really fix em' right. Also no holes for the overriders (though the mounting piece that attach to the brackets is drilled for them) again I am OK with that since I am not going to run them.

Back bumper is also  one piece so previous remark applies. This one does have holes for overriders.

They come well boxed and wrapped in foam padding and should survive all but the most brutal delivery service.

box.jpg

Chrome looks really good. Maybe not Pebble Beach quality but probably better than came from the factory.

When I ordered my rear 510 bumper from Dave he said the brackets came with the bumper. When I got the bumper there were no brackets in the box. I emailed Dave but he hasn't responded. I noticed your box has the "W/BUMPER BRACKETS" scratched out. Did yours come minus the brackets?

Thanks, Cam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 

There was a packaging problem at the factory, hence the scratched out lettering. This bumper order was supposed to have the brackets included. The front brackets got into the boxes, but the rears where left out. 

Additionally, the rears were supposed to be without over rider holes, (there is an "o" under the packing tape). The 68-69 bumpers with the bumper mounted plate light, came w/o the over rider holes.

Cam, I never got your email about the missing brackets. Where I told you the brackets were included, if you need them let me know. 

This is the first offering for rear bumpers. We'll get these things squared away as we move forward. 

• Like 2

this is awesome Dave 

you guys are doing great things for the 510 community :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

pics of the product look great too 

• Like 1

Hey Guys, 

There was a packaging problem at the factory, hence the scratched out lettering. This bumper order was supposed to have the brackets included. The front brackets got into the boxes, but the rears where left out. 

Additionally, the rears were supposed to be without over rider holes, (there is an "o" under the packing tape). The 68-69 bumpers with the bumper mounted plate light, came w/o the over rider holes.

Cam, I never got your email about the missing brackets. Where I told you the brackets were included, if you need them let me know. 

This is the first offering for rear bumpers. We'll get these things squared away as we move forward. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dave did contact me about the bumper coming without the brackets. The bumper looks great, and eventually I'll need to replace my front bumper because it looks like crap compared to the one I bought from Dave.

Cam