610 goon leaf springs

MapleNuts

Need to put some extra leafs on after just putting 3" lowering blocks on my 610.

What would be the most effective way to add a leaf?

Could i just add a leaf that is around half the size of the largest leaf under the rest of the pack and still increase my spring rate enough?

Also any suggestions for drilling out the holes in the leafs to a larger size to fit with my existing pack. All my drill bits aren't strong enough

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a second set of leaves for my 710 wagon. Sedan 710s have 4 leaf, wagons 5. The shorter the spring the less it will bend is my working assumption. I picked two that looked slightly flatter than the rest, (didn't want to add any lift if possible) lined up the mounting hole and shortened them to look about right and added to the spring pack, second one up from bottom...  now a six pack.

710rearsuspension012Large.jpg

What is the finished spring rate with the full weight of the car on it?? No idea. Bottom leaves are the stiffest with the added one working out to 110 pound/in. Best to try one and see if you like the ride and handling after all if I said you need (x) amount you may still find it too soft or too harsh. Numbers don't tell the story the 'feel' does.

It's definitely firmer though and I have hit a couple of really bad dips at about 60 MPH on a paved logging road. My chin bounced off my chest but no bottoming with a 2" lowering.