Looking for a part

Zac510

Hey guys, new to the forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

recently purchased a 510 project car from 1970, all it really needs is a good paintjob and some electrical work done. i did want to keep it as original as possible but because of the motor vehicle department ive been told i must have a light/indicator/wiper stalk that is attached to the steering column, this isnt a problem as when i bought it, it had one with it, however the mechanism is missing parts/springs etc so it doesn't actually make contact to enable the wipers or lights.

Long story short, does anybody know what this part below is called, where i could find one and what car it is from? (looking for the Australian/Oceanic version)
(ive found the US/CA variant but the pins are not correct and the DMV says its not roadworthy for australia)

34hb3nk.jpg

23lcqbr.jpg

Cheers all

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones pictured are not from the '68-'73 PL510. They might be from the '78-'81 A10 (also called the 510) here or something else but not something that fits your old 510.

It's the turn signal lever or directional indicator switch and may be called something else in other parts of the world. It's an arm attached to a plastic ring that is clamped to the end of the steering column. It also has a cam that cancels the turn signal on completion of the turn and the straightening of the front wheels.Additionally it also selects high and low beam headlamps when the headlamps are on.

First, start a want ad in out classified section.. http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/7-electrical/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc someone near you in Australia may have or know something.

Become a member of...  http://www.the510realm.com/index.php?sid=40584f433e39e2a3f0f57187247660af  so you have access to their members and parts.

Contact  http://community.ratsun.net/user/699-qwik510/ .by private message. He's a well known member here that sells 510 parts.

• Like 1

I have one of those in my 1986 720 King Cab and one in a 1980 720 king cab wiring harness that I put in my 1966 520. 

Is your 510 a right hand drive?  Not sure if the switches from a left hand drive and a right hand drive will interchange.

I have had to buy the one that does not have intermittent wipers for the light switch from Rock Auto.

There are 4 styles that came in the 720s in the USA.

Lights and 2 speed wipers.

720%20Light%20Switch%20and%202%20Speed%2

Lights and intermittent 2 speed wipers.

720%20Light%20Switch%20and%20Intermitten

Lights and variable speed intermittent 2 speed wipers.

720%20Light%20Switch%20and%20Variable%20

Lights cruise control and variable speed intermittent 2 speed wipers.

Was not able to locate an image of this switch.

• Like 1

recently purchased a 510 project car from 1970, 

(ive found the US/CA variant but the pins are not correct and the DMV says its not roadworthy for australia)

34hb3nk.jpg

23lcqbr.jpg

He has a '70 510. This picture is from the late 70s (maybe the HL510 A10?) and won't fit. MAYBE it could be wired to work maybe.... but it's a big expense to ship one there and it not work. The PL510 didn't have the wiper switch on a stem either.

Possibly the turn signal assy from a 521 might work...

• Like 1

Alright so after almost a month of tearing my hair out and debating whether or not to get an auto electrician, i have finally found one online!
For future reference (if anybody else somehow ends up in the same situation as me (i highly doubt that however. im pretty certain im the only one with a 510 with a 720 wiring harness))
here is a link to the item.

• Like 1

Alright so after almost a month of tearing my hair out and debating whether or not to get an auto electrician, i have finally found one online!

For future reference (if anybody else somehow ends up in the same situation as me (i highly doubt that however. im pretty certain im the only one with a 510 with a 720 wiring harness))

Pope Francis just might nominate for the sainthood based on this posting!

• Like 1

Lockleaf has a goon with a 720 harness im pretty sure.  I had no clue you had a 720 harness in this car.