My First Dime!!

Hix1985

HI guys, I have been keeping my eye out for a 510 for a couple of months and one finally came my way :thumbup: 1972 4dr sedan I really was not planning on getting one so soon, because I'm getting ready to move with my wife and I don't have a place to work on one right now. From living in Ohio you don't get a lot of chances of getting one, so the price was right so I could not pass on it!  I bought this sight unseeing by only looking at the photos. I knew there was going to be work but there is more than I thought, but I'm up for it.  once I move I will start a building thread. it's in storage right now.

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/rhicks85/slideshow/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I haven't seen welds like that since...last weekend when I cut up that African bluebird abortion for the 510keeper. That poor thing needs patience and TLC, welcome to old datsun ownership.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!! This will be a long term project when I do start.  I do not have any crazy things I want to do to it, Just want to get it cleaned up and fix the welds and the really bad rust then get the motor running. When that's done I mite start thinking of something crazy to do :rofl: But until I move I will just keep saving money to blow on this. little project.   

Got yourself some elephantitis going on there. Everything is fixable with skills or money. As Tater said, just stay focused and don't get discouraged. You'll have some good times ahead. Welcome to the house, kick your shoes off and stay awhile. Soon, we'll have story time and smores!!

Thanks everyone!! This will be a long term project when I do start.  I do not have any crazy things I want to do to it, Just want to get it cleaned up and fix the welds and the really bad rust then get the motor running. When that's done I mite start thinking of something crazy to do :rofl: But until I move I will just keep saving money to blow on this. little project.

Easy does it, mine was worse, I had to sand off 4 layers of rattlecan primer and probably a gallon of bondo just to get to the metal....I got lucky rust was minimal and only had to cut a 6 inch piece and weld up a new one...yours looks good overall, do your research and do it right :thumbup:

Easy does it, mine was worse, I had to sand off 4 layers of rattlecan primer and probably a gallon of bondo just to get to the metal....I got lucky rust was minimal and only had to cut a 6 inch piece and weld up a new one...yours looks good overall, do your research and do it right :thumbup:

What he said.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for a house so can't start working on it yet;However, I have been learn all I can and got a l20b and Five speed. Well really I got the hole truck :blush:  Don't need it but it is hard to find Datsun stuff in ohio.  Got a 1979 620 King-cab. 

IMG_1375_zpsprgtat0g.jpg

IMG_1376_zpsgxwj2yuy.jpg

IMG_1377_zpsnqo0d00n.jpg

IMG_1378_zpsb2f1kjkt.jpg

• Like 1

Going to try and pull the engine and trans out this weekend if weather lets me, will need to get another engine stand.  I have been looking at the brake booster It will not fit with that adapter with side drafts on it.  i will have to find B210 booster when the time comes for that, so the only thing I'm going to take from the truck is the engine and trans. I was thinking I could put the L16 and 4 speed in the truck to get it running then sale it.