Project 521

521parling

Very new to the forum just picked up a 1972 521 about 3 weeks ago. Thought I would start a little resto/mod build thread

My plans so far for the build consist of rust removal from every inch of the truck.

Paint will be a period correct single sage light aqua

Engine will be a 1990 240sx ka24e (only because it didn't come with the original engine)

EDIT:

New plans have began flowing. Just picked up a miata front and rear subframe, shock tower mounts, 5 speed trans, diff and axles and floor pan from a 1990 miata. So as of right now the truck will be 4 wheel disk brakes and have colivers independent suspension and a torsen rear diff! Should handle like a go cart

My 6 year miata background is starting to show

I will be trying to keep an original look to the truck while still putting my own touches

• Like 1
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a 240sx motor yes?

Your getting shit done!

Have you looked up putting the ka into the 521?

yeah i pulled this from a 1990 240sx and thanks man im trying to be done by summer this year or at least close

and no i haven't done much research on the swap but from what i understand is you just have to make new motor mount brakes that are dropped 3/4 inch from the stock 240 mount brackets. not sure but il find out im sure.

• Like 2

This is getting batter with ever picture!

Lots of work ahead of you.

This idea is so awesome! I'd love to do some like this and Bobs520.

Thanks man! Should have the front sub frame in today after work. I got the idea from the mx520 that Bob built. I have driven miatas for a long time now and love em so I'm really excited for this build now.

• Like 2