Tech toy tuning

datO)))

Hey folks. Just got done working on my 411 wagon . Got a lot done but I had

A thought for steering and suspension upgrade. Iv herd guys doing tech toy tuning products

And my question is, has anyone here with a 411done a tech toy upgrade and if so, what was the application and how did you go about installing ?

I'm still running stock suspension front and rear. I have been tossing around the idea of four link or IRS

And I'd like somthing sexy for the front .

Just installed nos shocks front and rear, and I'm convinced the ride could feel better.

Can't wait to hear what you all are doin and hope it's going well , ciao

-Dato))

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks. Just got done working on my 411 wagon . Got a lot done but I had

A thought for steering and suspension upgrade. Iv herd guys doing tech toy tuning products

And my question is, has anyone here with a 411done a tech toy upgrade and if so, what was the application and how did you go about installing ?

I'm still running stock suspension front and rear. I have been tossing around the idea of four link or IRS

And I'd like somthing sexy for the front .

Just installed nos shocks front and rear, and I'm convinced the ride could feel better.

Can't wait to hear what you all are doin and hope it's going well , ciao

-Dato))

Does the front of the 411 have shocks or struts?

Factory suspension tends to be a bit on the 'mild' side aimed a suiting the most people, or actually to not 'offend' the most people. It's comfort driven not handling. The car has to also navigate a wide variety of roads and conditions. In almost all cases the suspension can be 'tweaked' towards better handling with minimal to mild to definite upset to the comfort.

Lowering the vehicle height also lowers the center of gravity and reduces that top heavy 'tippy' feeling on hard corners.

Firmer springs reduce suspension travel and that 'floating' bouncy ride. Also a good idea if the vehicle is lowered to reduce bottoming.

Sway bars are harder to quantify. People throw them on without much thought. Suddenly adding a rear sway bar throws off the normal slight understeer and adds oversteer. Larger front bars add understeer. So it's a balancing act. Stiffer front may require a rear bar to compensate for too much front.

Tires are an integral part of the suspension and handling also.

IRS is too complicated for performance handling. Great for a passenger car. As the suspension articulates (together or independently) the rear wheel(s) toe in and out. You can reduce the travel and firm the springs and shocks but when done, you may as well have stayed with a solid axle. I don't see any advantage to a coil spring and 4 link over leaf springs unless the car came with it.  

That's interesting. I'm using my stock front sway bar. So I could just

"Tune" the steering buy means of proper front and rear sway bars and adjusting tie rods/ ends etc?

I would like to replace the tie rods just to mark it off the list of things replaced.

I am hitting one side when turning so I am getting interference.

I took the blocks out and is back to stock height. I should look into new leafs and

Set it for a semi stiff as I'd like to re lower but only about 2 inches. I just can't stand that slam sound when going

Over bumps.

I still may use techno tune tie rod/end kit and do a write up on how to integrate

The product so us 411 ers can continue to open the doors to upgradable options.

There are lots of things that affect over/understeer. Sway bars are just one of 20? things. It's possible to over size a sway bar but tune it's error out by softening/stiffening the springs or running different size tires front or back. Everything... affects everything else.

• Like 1