Affordable and effective electric fan conversion!

poopypants720

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is a ground switched system, they are tied to power, then tapped into the temp switch lines I think.... Pretty sure that's how I did it... Ran power from our ignition switch so if have indicators of the fans were left on when I park.

Was really just checking the thread cause of this photobucket mess....

They are REALLY gonna kill forums with this and push everyone to social media to share info...

• Like 1

I forget how I wired mine. Seems that I would ground one side of both fans and the relay sends power so might be easier for me.

PB can suck it. Every time I used it I see social media bias. I don't do social media, never will. If they can't help me (they never did much in the first place) I'll go where they do.   

• Like 1

I only ran the ground based relay circuit cause of the way the Volvo relay controller works. If I was wiring with standard Bosch relays, I would have run off switched power, not switched ground...

I was against Facebook for a good while compared to the rest of my fam, but finally joined up... Didn't start using it a ton though until they introduced Facebook groups where you can make groups of like minded individuals (hopefully) and then it's quite a bit more like a topic based forum.... But it's lacking a ton of features, searchability, and still gets plenty of retards...

• Like 1

Poopypants you did such a nice writeup here is there any way you would consider fixing the picture links.

I am slowly doing my broken links I have put my pictures on PostImage and going through and changing the links one by one.

Just in case anyone is converting to electric fans AND doing a body drop, my onsite pick a pull research revealed that a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Cherokee Sport radiator and fans fit nicely when the radiator height is limited. It had one fan on it, but the second bay was there for the second fan which was donated from another Cherokee. The radiator was also equipped with it's own over temp sensor so one fan runs from the TVV ( which was changed out for a nice Ford one that has a relay on top of the Vacuum Valve and is a direct fit into the port of the 720 ) and the second fan gets tripped by the Jeep radiator temp switch. So far, the truck has never turned on the second fan.

Best part of using the Ford TVV with the relay contacts on top is that the fan only cuts on after the engine warms up to switch the vacuum....perfectly quiet with only the engine purring when you first start up, then you hear the fan cut in just a bit before the gage levels out as the thermostat opens because the vacuum valve switches at a lower temp than the thermostat opens

I guess the Ford TVV is applicable even if someone was not doing a body drop and just converting to electric fans in thinking about it.