Snapp_Hunter's Lil' Headache

snapp_hunter

Put it on your truck and offer him yours?

Honestly 150-200 for just a stock hood imo. Louvered hood cost more but so does adding louvres. I picked up an aftermarket hood for free as well so honestly 100 might be about right. Depends on how willing you are to sell

thats what I was thinking maybe. my factory hood has one small half dollar sized dent in it, must be in need of a new hood haha.

175 sounds fairish.... where did u get it?

that what i was gonna ask i think. i got it with my parts truck (read mistake) i bought before the one im repairing, came with alot of sheet metal, including some a NoS hood, door, and fender.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I got the headlight wiring separated from the 79 harness. i just have to get eh correct round style pin connectors, crimp them onto the wires and get them into the plugs. then I need to connect them to the ground wire pack, and it should be finished. then I need to figure out what to do about the ignition system. after that I should be good to go! anyone have any knowledge of wiring an ignition system?

• 3 months later...

not dead, just busy. truck is still with me. just got the title to the parts truck yesterday so i can finally get that gone now that everything is stripped off of it. still haven't done the wiring, still haven't patched the floors. its now in its rightful place in the garage though.  and yeah i posted it on CL to see if any offers come up. my daily got totaled in july and had to buy another car so funds are low. if someone came with an offer I'd let it go. only posted it because of my wifes suggestion. I don't want to get rid of it, we'll bounce back financially, and the truck can sit around my place :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

so since I got it in my garage, i actually managed to do something to it. the truck had been in a minor fender bender, and it had broken the grille in several places, bent the tar out of the bumper, and broken the chin valence. luckily i had replacements for all of these, except my replacement grille I had is a late model style for the 79 parts truck. oh well, its a place holder in the meantime. one of the bumper brackets was bent too so the bumper isn't sitting quite right, will have to get the brackets off the parts truck this weekend. this amount of work took me literally 4 weeks to complete, thats how little time ive had to work on it, and thats my reasoning for why i haven't gotten to the big stuff that needs to be done. any ways, some pics for you guys

dat57_zpsccgirgzr.jpg

dat58_zps9zmiahdk.jpg

dat59_zpseef2ddmf.jpg

dat60_zps9wjscuj3.jpg

• Like 1