My new 521

Datsunthug

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The right and left door glass is different.  The window regulator has a roller that rides in a track on the bottom of the sliding glass, and the curved part of the door glass that goes to the front has to stay to the front.  There is a very slim chance you might be able to remove the roller track and turn it around, to make a right door glass work on the left, but I would be reluctant to try it with a good window glass.

• Like 1

Why not just buy the glass and not go through the whole door thing? Changing the glass isn't real hard, but does take a bit of time to do right. Heck, if I could do it without instructions, you can too!!

• Like 1

He wants the door to replace the one that has rust bro. Window for the opposite door. Aiming at the package deal from how I understood it

Oh, I see now. Sorry for the momentary lapse into stupidity! Oooooops.  Go forth and buy doors my lad!!

897C40C3-D06E-4D50-8437-5817C71E8E9C_zps

This is why I had an exhaust leak!? Bent it back as straight as I could and ran a file over it to check it. Not perfect but best I could do with the tools I have.

Apparently my cig lighter drains my battery so i have it on the charger so when I can get it started I can see if my collector is still leaking or not

cig lighter draining? something must be spliced from it to power something else. How about unplug it?

How you figure this out?

get a test light and pull the _ side battery and put the test light on the batter post and the cable you just removed. if the light is ON then the battery is draining. pull the fuse till it stops.

If the cig light socket is shorted I guess it would drain the battery but really should pop the fuse.

To confirm this see if the lest light on then pull the center wire in back of the cig lighter

youtube electrical drain by Scotty kilmer about 40sec into the vid shows how to find a drain

• Like 1