The SX Appeal

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took the 200sx to Datslocos 6hr drive from Medford to Manteca this was the 200sx longest drive made it there no problem.  Unfortunately on the way back from California the car was having issue when I was about 40 miles still to go.  I was doing 75 most of the way I was doing 80-85 most of the trip.  I noticed it started to jerk a little when I looked at my tach it was sitting at 4k then it would drop 1200-1500 rpm in an instant then go back to normal for 3-4 seconds then it would do it all over again in a cycle.  I didn't want to stop in fear It wouldn't start up again if I did.  Got out on my exit which is a few miles from my house and the car was having such a difficult time keeping idle and speed.  As soon as I tried to give it gas it died and never wanted to start back up again.  Had to push it out of bridge and coast it neutral onto a parking lot.  So far I have checked, distributor, cap & rotor, plugs, wires, vacuum lines all look to be normal as it should.  No matter how many times I've tried to crank it she will not start.

Anyone experience this issue before?

4D4rqks.jpg

hglwO6x.jpg

ZWSFEQc.jpg

qVluoUB.jpg

1qdoO8t.jpg

Edited by ArchetypeDatsun
  • Like 1

Spark and fuel. (back to basic needs)

Pull a plug wire off and hold near ground and have someone crank the engine over.... got spark?

Look at the round window in the front of the carburetor. Does the gas show in the middle?

If no to one of these find out why it's missing.

Is this a California car with EI distributor, or have you put an EI distributor in it?

That is a beautiful example of an S10!!! 👍

• Like 1

Thanks was planning on having someone help me over the weekend but couldn't make time to get to it.  This is an Oregon car has a early electronic dizzy.  It's my daily driver so when it broke down I either thought it didn't like the California gas since all I put here in Oregon is non ethanol fuel which is 92.  Could be a combination of both.

• 1 year later...

Some may know a lot of you may not but couple months back in the summer I had a fender bender in the 200sx (my fault).  Thought my tie rod bent or snapped but after putting a lot of thought into it was just me being really careless.  It still starts, runs & drives, but as you can see I need a new bumper, passenger fender and grille.  I got a extra grille other parts will need to be sourced.  The hood got a little bit of damage just not bad very fixable.  Core support looks good just a little bent totally fixable.  

At this point I have no extra funds to throw at this car as much as I would love to.  It's still pretty clean with really minor to almost no rust on the car.  I've decided to part with it and just sell it as is, I know it might be a hard sell just need funds for my 610 and finish it once and for all.

IMG_20200605_075401.thumb.jpg.1398c83720fd8160479c47d1782f3a25.jpg

Edited by ArchetypeDatsun
  • Sad 2
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, EDM620 said:

Had one of those with the 5 speed dog-leg, autocrossed and nav-ex rallyed with it a lot.

964794470_200SXatWEM1985(2).jpg.d51dd584d2d12b33308639dd08537328.jpg

Unfortunately it came to a crashed ending after T-boning an idiot that pulled out doing a L...

They actually handle pretty good one for having the same front suspension as the 510.  Mine kept up with s G37s coupe in the corner just having fun.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:43 AM, ArchetypeDatsun said:

Sold the 200sx owner lives in Oakland, Cali so now it's gonna be a cali Datsun.  Guy has 2 other ones so it's in good hands, gonna miss it.

Sometimes life is a swift kick in the balls,, but sometimes,  it makes the sun seem to sparkle even more brightly through the tears. 

• Like 1

My first 510 got its heart from a '77 SX. I love that dogleg trans. Those who do a lot more 1-2 shifts may not, but for road race-style driving, it was great. I wish I could find more.

I know I'm late, but here's a Photoshop lowering of JDM Silvias. I would love to have one.

50708918481_853eb671b5_z.jpg

50708185813_d9f0dd83de_z.jpg

Edited by ByStickel
16 hours ago, ByStickel said:

My first 510 got its heart from a '77 SX. I love that dogleg trans. Those who do a lot more 1-2 shifts may not, but for road race-style driving, it was great. I wish I could find more.

I know I'm late, but here's a Photoshop lowering of JDM Silvias. I would love to have one.

50708918481_853eb671b5_z.jpg

50708185813_d9f0dd83de_z.jpg

I've seen them for sale not cheap finding parts even overseas is a pain in the ass.  I've got a early S10 Grille and even found a type 2 grille.  Misc parts here there I've been able to find but never bumpers and the rest of the parts I would need to successfully put them on.  Big difference in the front ends I can't even out the Silvia Grille on a 200sx because of those differences.  

• 6 months later...