Different way to calculate lash pad thickness?

theeoracle

Nissanmotorsport book has the part numbers for retainers and lash pads. But this is when I got them when still in Cilf. Now they in Tennesee.

Here is why I suggest Isky cause they seem to have it on hand.

Scheider was fine back when they still had the suff for my cam kit

On your own on this.  try a Z car shop

Be honest if your no going to put dual twin choke carbs dont even bother with the hassle( this is just me)

k cool I just bought come pads from the Z store. Since my plan is to run 7k RPM and I already have dual 45 DCOE and 200lb springs. I think i should get retainers too. I couldn't find any retainers on the Z store so my next option is schneider will these suffice? it doesn't say the min/ max pad lash thickness.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

k cool I just bought come pads from the Z store. Since my plan is to run 7k RPM and I already have dual 45 DCOE and 200lb springs. I think i should get retainers too. I couldn't find any retainers on the Z store so my next option is schneider will these suffice? it doesn't say the min/ max pad lash thickness.

200 # springs !!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????  WTH, if that is the closed seat pressure, your cam will be POS/TOAST in 20 minutes or less.  120# seat pressure MAX.  This is one case that bigger is not better.  What size lash pads did you get?  Do they match what your calculations showed, this is not a cheap place to guess...

200 # springs !!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????  WTH, if that is the closed seat pressure, your cam will be POS/TOAST in 20 minutes or less.  120# seat pressure MAX.  This is one case that bigger is not better.  What size lash pads did you get?  Do they match what your calculations showed, this is not a cheap place to guess...

my bad not 200lb in the range of 80lb at least thats what http://www.acxesspring.com/spring-force-constant-calculator.html told me.

and for the lash pads. 

The radius of my stock base circle is .6575 and the radius of the new cam is .6175".

.6575 - .6175 = .04 X 1.48 = .0592 + .120(stock lash pad height) = .1792"

• Like 1

my bad not 200lb in the range of 80lb at least thats what http://www.acxesspring.com/spring-force-constant-calculator.html told me.

and for the lash pads. 

The radius of my stock base circle is .6575 and the radius of the new cam is .6175".

.6575 - .6175 = .04 X 1.48 = .0592 + .120(stock lash pad height) = .1792"

.180 pads ought to do the trick

Sealick on here did a good write up on mix matching parts and making some work.

key is to get close to flush or the magority of the lash pad on the underside of the retainer. a stock retainer doesnt hold enought cause the lash pads are flat on the bottom. Stock its recessed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will never use stock lash pads again so i dont know why that is in the figures you got.

What you mean Stock?

Why would they sell stock?  call them as there might be 32 or 3 sizes. but the 1st one they sell will worrk up to 200 I think. key is most of lash pad is under the retainer

I just called them and he said there retainers will certainty take 180 thou pads. and said the'll take much more than 180 too.

• 2 months later...