L16 with dual carbs

76_620

Metal sinks to the lowest point in the pan, stays forever. Wood chips will float, so not near the oil pickup. They come out at the next oil change. Someone on here tore down an L series and found a wood wedge still floating between the chain and guides that some PO forgot to take out.

• Like 3
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

L20b and 32/36 weber. Is a HUGE uprade over a stock l16 with a 210 head. Hell, for be it was a giant upgrade over a hack job motox l16 (POS motor due to how someone modded it, but still more power over a stock l16). All comes down to your knowledge of the motor/carb.

No issues really, I don't see why they can't be daily driven?

Hot damn they sound good at wide open...

Who says that? Lots of European cars and a handful of Japanese cars came stock with dual side draft Weber or Solex carbs.

When properly tuned and combined with the right cam, they do sound very cool.

• Like 3

It takes a whole day or more to get them set up properly. They benefit from soft mounts to the manifold. It's important to get the linkage set right, without binding, on either rod or cable setups. Making sure the stops and balance are set properly is hugely important. And then the fuel PSI and hoses, possibly a heat shield...

It takes some time, but I think it's worth the effort.

I have a template for a heat shield that I have made many times. I make the shield from two sheets of aluminum with asbestos cloth sandwiched between and riveted together.