2wd front end lift

Outta_OC

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to loosen the front torsion arms to raise the front. 31"s will almost fit the rear at stock height. 33"s will not fit without work to the fenders and bed if you want full compression with the suspension set up like this. 

You will have camber issues in the front if you lift to much. There are some spacers behind the upper a-arms to get some camber back. 

31"s just in the back no lift. 

ryanparked.jpg

With 31"s all around

ryanredeye.jpg

seattlemorning.jpg

wish I had more pics of this one. Buddies truck from back from the NWDE days, got parted out eventually from what I heard. :(

• Like 1

Had 31X10.5s and no way they will fit. Hits the floor under your heels even with a 4" lift. Bashed the floor in with a sledge. Still rubbed on slightest bump or turning. They were impossible to steer in a parking lot so had to add power steering. Next was a Toyota SAS and re-arched leaf springs all round. Then it worked.... with 33s.

Oh yeah a 4" lift really stressed out the solid one piece steering column and box. Had to use hydraulic jack to bend it up so I could bolt the column to the dash. Power steering box allowed me to use a 720 steering column with little U joints.

• Like 1