Stupid door locks

Quickshift

I am locked out of my own vehicle, I have the key but it just bends, the lock poppers dont move. if inside the vehicle, you can pull on the popper as much as you want, but the door just won't open using the inside handle.

I am so frustrated! first the passenger side stopped working and I figured i'd just wait until it stopped being so damn cold to fix it.

But today, the drivers side does it! just great. the locks turn, but no longer unlock either freaking door. 

Do I just purchase some ebay door locks? are my latches going to be screwed up? 

how can I get the doors open? slim jim? just call the locksmith?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you get a door open, you need to do a little work. 

Take the door apart enough to get the door lock mechanism out, and clean it with paint thinner, kerosene, or diesel fuel.  Clean all the old dried up dirty what used to be grease 35 years ago off the door lock mechanism, and then let it dry.  Get some new white lithium grease, in a squeeze tube, and apply it to the moving parts of the door lock mechanism.  Wipe the excess off, it will just attract dirt, and dust.  You just need grease in the moving parts, that slide on each other. 

Put the door back together, and the the locks should work almost like new again.  You might need to shim the lever on the door lock itself, to hold the lever closer to the lock, if the edges of the lock cylinder do not catch on the lever.

• Like 1