Blue lake 2016 August 14th

danfiveten

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wih all this people working Sundays?

I have not worked on a Sunday since the mid-90s.

I grow pot for a living, someone has to be there everyday, so my days off are Tuesday Wednesday. It sucks for events but it's awesome for going out to do stuff, everywhere is less crowded during the week.

• Like 2

If I was to bring a set of SU's could some one help me install and tune them? 

Seems to me the problem when we installed SUs on my sons car ,,  is it's kinda hard to tune them completely with out taking quite a few test runs and such. you can set idle and what-not but there seems to be quite a bit more to it than just that... Putting them on and hooking the linkage up is the easy part .. 

Are you sure your floats are in perfect working order?? Cuz you wouldn't want to be 20 miles outta Portland with gas dumping out one or both.

Not hating,,,  just one SU noob to another.

• Like 1

As far as I know own and was told they are in excellent working conditions (fuck paid enough, they better work!) and worse case I swap back the weber right? I have a unisync, tools and parts just need some know how...and so I spend half my day coming and going? SU'S?

The thing about SUs is that unless the head is prepared, or you have the correct head, you will never be able to tune them properly, the head intake ports need to be one and one half inches just like the SU intake manifold ports, if they are smaller then the air has to squeeze into a smaller hole and it will not run properly.

What head casting do you have on your engine?

A87

An A87 doesn't have large intake ports unless it has been modified/ported, so if this head is stock, you will never be able to tune it properly.

Andrews kid had this issue, he put dual SUs on his wagon I believe and then said his Weber ran better, that was because the intake port size didn't match the SU intake.

As I recall, the only heads that have 1 1/2" ports are the U67, the W58, and the 219/V912 SSS heads, all the others need modified.

The U67 head is the only head that you are likely to find at a reasonable price with square exhaust ports, but it is an open head, but it will not need any work except maybe a valve job, sure a closed chamber head is the one everyone wants, but I doubt the CR ratio drops a lot, you likely would still have more HP with the dual SUs anyway over a down draft, and your A87 head may be an open head anyway.

• Like 5

Damn...I see now...well someday i will be able to use all these expensive fancy parts...ugh!

An A87 doesn't have large intake ports unless it has been modified/ported, so if this head is stock, you will never be able to tune it properly.

Andrews kid had this issue, he put dual SUs on his wagon I believe and then said his Weber ran better, that was because the intake port size didn't match the SU intake.

As I recall, the only heads that have 1 1/2" ports are the U67, the W58, and the 219/V912 SSS heads, all the others need modified.

The U67 head is the only head that you are likely to find at a reasonable price with square exhaust ports, but it is an open head, but it will not need any work except maybe a valve job, sure a closed chamber head is the one everyone wants, but I doubt the CR ratio drops a lot, you likely would still have more HP with the dual SUs anyway over a down draft, and your A87 head may be an open head anyway.