A year late, But here's the beginning of the "Karl" build thread.

Osoi

So I purchased my 1969 521 J13 Truck about 8 months ago. The previous own thought he had electrical problems going into the project. He replaced the distributor, new spark cables, overhauled the alternator, etc. etc... Which was great for me, cause I got him at a screaming price, considering, but in reality I had a fuel issue. I'm sure several of you have seen my previous posts. 

So fast forward. Cleaned and coated tank, new fuel return send, new water pump (unrelated issue), a few seals here and there, new fuel filters... a LOT of them during the process, and he's up and running great!

Now, I've moved on to the fun stuff. Either he has the OG paint job on him (doubtful), or someone has given him a shitty single stage paint job that has worn pretty well but hard over the years. 

So here's a couple of photos of the truck before I got him, and the sanding polishing photos. More to come.. lots to do, no time... money is burning fast... lol 

But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

http://imgur.com/a/IrZSV

• Like 2
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint overspray on the front turn signal gasket? May indicate past repaint.

Otherwise, great looking project.

Keith

Agreed, I've found several spots on him that indicate that. Otherwise, it looks as if it might be a nice stop gap for a couple of years while I take care of more important things.

• Like 1