Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

not much has happened on Cora's truck ...scored my wilwood parts ... shortening a set of LCA and tension rods ... got all my brake stuff ... need the king pins of snack back from skyblue ... ironic the set of kingpins off snack got rebuilt and sent to mike ... and now will be coming back tot he pnw for the can'tby ...fuck wish i could take a year to hang in cali ... ordered he color for the ssr wheels  

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue with the old steering box?  I am the one who pulled it apart. It was fucking nasty inside. I did you my best to clean all the shit out and put fresh grease in there. I tried to mess witht it at the Shasta trip. I took it for a drive and was not at all happy with the way it steered. I tried to adjust it some to get it to loosen up a bit. Al tried before the trip as well. 

Anyway, glad it is better now. It realy did suck ass. 

• Like 2

not much has happened on Cora's truck ...scored my wilwood parts ... shortening a set of LCA and tension rods ... got all my brake stuff ... need the king pins of snack back from skyblue ... ironic the set of kingpins off snack got rebuilt and sent to mike ... and now will be coming back tot he pnw for the can'tby ...fuck wish i could take a year to hang in cali ... ordered he color for the ssr wheels  

When did they leave the pnw?  Don't you still have the Canby truck?

• Like 1

yes ...sky blue and i initiated a trade .... i need stock track width for my wheels ... and have a set up for it ... i originally had rebuilt the king pins off my truck and sent them to sky for his truck ... so he wanted discs so we worked it out ... the 620 tranny is on its way to rhino .. with the driveline ..   i removed all the hard brake lines and am making new ones under hood ... i wanna return it to stock locations for the brake lines ... they were running low down behind the motor so I'm on the search for a set of the rubber clips and straps for he fire wall that holds the hard lines ... I'm switching to a wilwood master and prop valve. Dual piston calipers and slotted rotors like my truck runs .. 

jester .. well when u took apart the steering wheel side .. the inner shaft was in a bind it would shift all the way to the passenger  side and rub the tube hard ... so we loosened the box on the frame and it was better it spun freer... then tightened it back down and it did the same pushed the shaft over... so we tried shimming the box... and thats when ted naner and i realized the tube was oriented wrong... so we thought we had figured it out.... we took the shim out spun the tube and re assembled it and it was better but only barely .. so we yanked it ... it was leaking oil bad anyway ... and i had adjusted the tension a few times but it made it worse ... the part that was the struggle was the steering wheel was hard to turn ... it wouldn't free spin back o center so i twas like having cruise control on the steering wheel ... and once i backed the adjustment off then it was just sloppy and too tight so we yanked it for another one .. it still had shit in it too .. it was just a doa player so i tracked down a new one ... or new old one ... and bolted it in and its more stock... i wont know fully till everything n the front end is back together but all the steering works free with ou it connected and the first column seemed to be it when trouble shooted it ... it was still hard as hell to turn with nothing hooked to it.. NO IDEA WHAT WAS CAUSING IT THERE WAS JUST NO EASY FIX SO I SWAPPED TO A KNOWN WORKING ONE..(shit not yelling) need to put the tranny in this weekend and get my driveline serviced with new u joints.  

NEED: THE CLIPS AN RUBBER ISOLATORS THAT HOLD ON THE FIREWALL FOR THE BRAKE CLUTCH HARDLINES ... PREFER A WHOLE SET ALL AT ONCE .. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A SET 

• Like 3

What are these rubber things you speak of??  You or Hans have one of those store bought fender rollers things??  if you do,  i would trade for the ones off the truck in back ( if they are still on there) for a roll job on the 411 ,,,,

Yeah i could use a bat but i believe there is so much bondo i might wanna take it easy on it .

Oh and hey buttlips since it aint going to be raining tomorrow,,,,, what time in the morning could i drop that rubber mat off ??  I can drive in rain,,,  but car still spews enough oil that it looks hairy canary on a guys parking lot when it rains.

• Like 3

The little rubber brake line holders on the fire wall.. held on my one screw I believe.

this .... i believe theres two let me see if i have a pic of mine .. i just powder coated my truck set ... wait my truck is at work i will take pic 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...