Projekt Dora Bowell part duex...aka the "Can'tby" truck

jrock4224

So as many of you now know the first Dora Bowelll truck ... dragon green one,  is gone now,  she sold it to my nephew so he can subaru it up .... he wants to datsun, so he totally took advantage of me when i was drinking and swindled the truck out of me ... but as u all prolly know now it was replaced when my lovely lady bought this ... the cursed canby raffle truck ... she wants to call it the glamdatto and i said fuck no to that, and now refer to her truck and the "Can'tby" truck.   she referenced glamping as a reason for her name choice i said I'm not getting dick punched for letting that happen .... so heres some oiics

7979D3D7-79B2-4399-B7B8-33D8BDFF3D1D_zps

07076BB3-6067-4DF2-93C6-FED60C64BC25_zps

4292674D-1F3F-4484-952E-B83E327BB47D_zps

55A4F5B0-D213-44AA-AAD9-D7C7D7CF5F1F_zps

you guys no the history of this thing ... u all toiled over her and now I'm gonna do what I do ... take it apart fuck it up and let her drive it once i piece meal the left overs back together and prolly not drive it ever since apparently thats how I'm viewed ... at least i leave my house naner

here's some pics of things since her getting it.

2B238A6A-8DF2-4A08-9C7C-07B0245BF931_zps

864B1531-9B66-46A8-BF1F-FA50E775BA4D_zps

58ECCDAD-F654-4CB2-8865-BBC757BE04CA_zps

D784A183-CD7A-4FB6-AC4E-33DD8DD9C02C_zps

things i have changed so far 

-heater ducting and snorkel installed

-wired horns 

-fixed steering wheel it operates the horn buton ...it was missing some parts...

-tore the carpet kit out and installed a very nice rubber mat from another truck but realized someone cut the drivers side wheel well hump off...lol 

-pulled the kick panels off to re glue he material on ..

-same with door cards but im also considering a nice set of oem door cards.

-fixed the door latches (interior) they work and are installed right now ... 

-fixed the combo switch 

-fixed the temp gauge sender 

-retimed it for washington winter.  

-found out it was a 5 sp after thinking it was a 4sp all this time ( only after i pulled the carpet and seen the modded cover did i realize...)

-topped off with coolant 

-removed all the stickers(sorry not  sticker guy nor a datslocos guy)

-installed rear view mirror i had 

-installed visors out of my collection 

-mounted choke cable temporarily 

Things on the list ... to do 

-lower the fuck out of it 

-gonna catch a rash of shit for this but go back to the narrower front end width(klotz brakes widens it 5/8 on both sides ).....the wheels for it wont fit under it with out doing that so i have to figure out how to get that ... bearing adapter back off ... as well swap to a wilwood master

-720 leafs put back with a notch , tapered blocks

-clearance all the front end and do the typical raised towers 

-caster and camber mods 

-short tail 5 sp and 520 drive shaft (anyone know what tranny is in he truck now ? I assume long tail 5 sp...)

-aluminum radiator wih electric fans as the stock rad is running warmer then i like ... (was this radiator reamed or anything?  its not a 521 radiator too )

-weld the mirror holes up finish the body work and fix the drivers door frame that's broke in the back .... the tack weld broke (may just use a set of doors ted got me instead)

-put some 17's on it that will have the vibe of the wheels on it but be very different ... 

-paint the tailgate latches white... 

-find and fix the leaks in the firewall that soaked the carpet ...(assuming its part cause the angle it was parked at and clogged firewall drain < yes even after dipping )

- not sure i recommend acid dipping for restoration if its gonna be a driver either 

-some form of a headliner so it doesn't rain condensation down on me 

-some form of a blue tooth stereo like my green truck but prolly minus the floor pods.

-replace the clutch when I Tranny swap it its either used or needs adjusted ... its spongy and at the end of the pedal .. 

- a bunch of other shit i come across as the redux build happens 

this isn't meant to offend anyone or underscore the work that has been done .. but stocks not really my thing and Cora likes the direction of things and ideas we have discussed...its a great truck and i only intend to to improve upon it as i see fit or as i would want it ..... side note every thing rick had done has been removed .... either by al or i and the steerring is so fucked Im just swapping a new column in it ... its not the tension screw i loosened it and it got more play bu is still stiiff as fuck to turn ... pretty sketchy ...its not play in the linkage its the column and box .... so its easiest just to put a tried and true one in it ... she drives it but its her number one complaint and after driving it several times I'm not cool with it so out it comes ... 

so if i hurt feelings I'm sorry but it should be a ride, come on along ....... and does anyone have the rear window art file so i can recreate it .,...i will always be the raffle truck but it will be the truck she and I wanted it to be as well 

• Like 12
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't remember green dragon and you have the light green one in sightings pictures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, soooooo ,  i figured they were they same

No thread needed ,, you can see my negativity from space,,

search dora bowell and the dark green truck would come up ... any interest in a 520 naner

• Like 1

If you are keeping that baby blue dash ,, i got a light blue rubber floor mat for one of these goofy trucks. Pretty growdy but might clean up decent.

It's OG with the Datsun on it and whatnot

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66094-1972-datsun-521-dora-bowell/

I'm interested in that matt

• Like 1

...its not play in the linkage its the column and box .... so its easiest just to put a tried and true one in it ... she drives it but its her number one complaint and after driving it several times I'm not cool with it so out it

Jon,

The center link, tie rods and pitman arm were only about 6 months old. Cane off my 620. The steering was the main reason I gave up on the truck

I would like those mirrors if you are not going to use them

• Like 1

WOW!  I had no clue it was being sold or even sold.  

The bearing adapters are on with loctite.  If you heat them up to about 400deg (I think....check loctite's website) they should release and come off.  You can probably scotch bright disc any residue off.  

• Like 3