How much should i sell my 510 Wagon for ???

71GoonstaWagon

i would like your guys' OPINIONS on how much you think my 510 is worth . i have it up for trade on CL but I'm not too sure on how much to sell if someone wanted to straight up buy it . any questions about mods or anything just ask . thanks hope to hear from you guys ...

heres my craigslist ad...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5395478337.html

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$ is always lower than trade. Cause trade is always hidden crap.,

6 is a good guess. I'd not sell if I were you. The rear floor paint tells a tale that doesn't match the exterior. People will wonder what's under the paint. Do you have the prep work documented? Don't get me wrong, I'd rock this car in a heartbeat. Looks sick! But most people buying are looking for what the shell has. Your mods that you've installed are worth more than you are likely to draw. Thus rock it and be proud till you need money for heart surgery or something.,

Oh wait, you're in LA. So 8-10 sounds more real. Ha!

Nice car.

• Like 1

$ is always lower than trade. Cause trade is always hidden crap.,

6 is a good guess. I'd not sell if I were you. The rear floor paint tells a tale that doesn't match the exterior. People will wonder what's under the paint. Do you have the prep work documented? Don't get me wrong, I'd rock this car in a heartbeat. Looks sick! But most people buying are looking for what the shell has. Your mods that you've installed are worth more than you are likely to draw. Thus rock it and be proud till you need money for heart surgery or something.,

Oh wait, you're in LA. So 8-10 sounds more real. Ha!

Nice car.

thanks for the reply, and yea I understand what you're saying. when i got the car it was already painted faded black and I plastidipped it black. I really enjoy the car and would hate for it to go but it's my only car at the moment and my lady is getting tired of me putting crazy miles on her ecoboost whenever we have the kid with us(all the time) lol 

I go shooting a lot and have always loved off roading so looking towards a jeep/4wd 4 runner trade . or if someone buys it i'll have my own pick . Knowing me, I'll probably get into some good money and just buy another car and keep her, but only time will tell... thanks again  :thumbup:

Start an ad http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/14-cars/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc and put $8K or best offer and wait. It's only worth what someone else will pay for it. If no interest lower the price or just keep it.

Everyone knows what a 510 looks like so one or two outside shots to show body and glass, then concentrate on the modifications and how they were done, interior shots with dash and pad, door cards, seats. A piece of foam rubber, hose clamped to the carb is a bad point to show and makes everything else suspicious so get a proper air filter. Missing clutch pedal pad??? It's the little things that detract from the value. Bare floors? Cover with carpet and do a good job... it looks nice and soaks up road noise. Loose the blanket for these shots, looks like you are hiding something. Embarrassing to see the original blue paint when opening hood and doors so paint these areas so it matches the outside black. Buyers are looking for faults to drop the price.

lol damn that hurts to hear . it has so much sentimental value to me it not even funny . i was thinking right around 7500-8k . 

it hurts to even think about it being gone 

i've been offered a decent amount of random vehicles from craigslist and the majority of them were valued between 8k-12k believe it or not. i also had a 84' Rolls Royce offered to me that i still can't believe I turned down . he was asking 12k for his car. 

Sentiment has no value to others. People see/believe what they want.... includes sellers.  For $8K I would certainly expect same body but with a KA swap and 5 speed with car lowered on zx struts and nice interior. No need for bags because who want to ever ride around up that high?

Keep it and enjoy working on it, there's no money in Datsuns.

• Like 1

Thought something looked off on the rear end. You would have to fool someone on that. Most will know it needs fixing. You might think it's fine but it isn't. Don't understand bagging it at all, just lower it properly and permanently. If you like your $8K car and no one will buy it then it's their loss... keep it and enjoy it. It does have some good points.  

gosh daddy why do you indulge these threads instead of locking them? haha

interesting in a sociological analysis how feely the younger generations seem to be, which is ok i guess, but then they expect the world to appreciate their individual feels above all else. sadly young people raised like this have a rude awakening in store

This is blunt.  I would rather deal with a basically stock 510 goon, with rust problems, than a lowered car with questionable suspension mods.

Very, very few people can match the quality, engineering, and reliability of a stock 45 year old Datsun.   All the comments King Rat made, to me indicate corners were cut to get the car bagged, and lowered.   That means unsafe in my mind. 

Perhaps your significant other would be more willing to let your child ride in a car that was and appeared safer?

• Like 1

The body on the car looks good, but yes suspension mods is something to sway either way. Also as for the bling factor not alot but it is a very clean wagon, There was a guy who just left for costa rica that had a bone stock all OG wagon and he got i wanna say 9000.00 for it. Datsun people just aint spending the big bucks except a few. Need to find a kid that is new and up and coming. I like your wagon but I have my own problem already.

Biggest issue is that a major decision on the future of the car has already been made: Bags. 

That's going to make it or break it for someone. Anyone with $$ is going to look for something with the least amount of major modification done to it. Like Mike said, L20, ZX strus, lowering blocks, is the ideal buy for anyone looking to build beyond a driver (which what people with money usually want to do). 

The body looks straight enough, but it's still another few grand someone needs to invest to bring it beyond the primer stage. 

Interior is a biggie too. One thing that will sell a car instantly is a nice interior. People hate doing interior work, and it's super strange to do work on a 510 if you haven't done it before. Way too easy to overdo the interiors on these cars (the tendency for hot-rodders) and doing interior work on car that isn't a ground up build can be a pain. 

As most people her have said, you're only going to get what someone wants to pay you for it. If you don't like that, hang on to it until someone throws down a number you like.