Pez's 1976 620

Pez

Hi Guys, new to Ratsun and Datsun's. Post No1.

I have been looking for a drivable 620 for some time, as they are quite rare here in Australia. Theses a few wrecks but not much else, never actually seem one in real life, but knew it was my next project. So found this one inter-state and drove 16 hours to get it home. He's a rust old boy, but seems to be solid and fun, I've spent most of my holidays working on it and he is looking the goods.

620oiles_zpswcbywfxk.jpg

Plan is to keep body as is, and keep fixing up all the little and not so little jobs. It will be a surf truck and dog hauler, my dog loves it, as soon as the door is open he jumps in a goes to sleep. I've been loving this site, lots of inspiration, support and information. 

620oilesdrag_zpsfm9l09rm.jpg

I have been driving various Renaultsports for the last 7 years and was looking for a project that I could get work on. 

vic2_zpsidydvruc.jpg

The 620 has been through a few different owners in the last couple of years, but spent most of its life as a farm truck, which is cool, with all the scratches, patina and marks all over. Photo from previous life.

oldvic_zpsye5omhsi.jpg

Cheers Gents, hope you guys enjoy another old Datto getting too much love...

• Like 5
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

Oi Oi Oi!!!!

Welcome to Ratsun!

It's Straya Day here today, so bring it on.

Thanks for the warm welcome gents. Great site, still trying to get my head around how to access all the info I need on here.

620side_zpsnhx3zmeq.jpg

i would just buff it out and leave the Patina , looks Great as it is

It does have great patina, cheers, just worried about climate here where it rains nearly everyday. Thinking Ankor wax, to preserve as is.

• Like 2

Definitely great looking patina! It adds a lot of character.  I just got one for the same reason, surf/mountain bike truck to get dirty and its a fun little project.  Are you 3" lower in the rear? and how much in the front?

How much on the front? Too much, was resting on bump stops for some time, but now about an inch above bump stops. Not great for comfort, may lift a touch more. Been thinking about cutting or fitting smaller bump stops, to keep lowness and some drivability.

Yes, three on back.

• Like 1

620oiles_zpswcbywfxk.jpg

just curious, did you just lower it by loosening the adjustments or did you re-index the front suspension ? Hope you re-index it cause that's the right way to do it.

there's a thread on how to re-index in the suspension section. It's not that hard, just a little time consuming. Your 620 looks great, got any pic's of the interior ? 

It does have great patina, cheers, just worried about climate here where it rains nearly everyday. Thinking Ankor wax, to preserve as is.

I think you'd be alright with just a matte clear. Maybe 510keeper will chime in, he's bare metal'd a couple of his cars.

• Like 1

just curious, did you just lower it by loosening the adjustments or did you re-index the front suspension ? Hope you re-index it cause that's the right way to do it.

there's a thread on how to re-index in the suspension section. It's not that hard, just a little time consuming. Your 620 looks great, got any pic's of the interior ? 

Interior photo as asked. Pretty simply. I tore out carpet and pretty much anything else. I wanted it as metal as possible, just a lot of cleaning and organising. Still have a coolant leak from heater area, not sure about where. Got to have a few issues to worry about....

620inmmmmmside_zpsa4u70xpn.jpg

As for lowering, sorry noob on 620's, will need to look into difference as when I picked it up it was on the bump stops, I had to adjust to get ute "Rego'd" and now want to find a happy middle point of being low as possible but still drivable. 

• Like 1

I think the stance is fine.  Maybe get soem gas shocks to help it out. pull the rubber stops.

I got my 521 the torsion screw out far as it goes while still haveing the lock nut still on. and just call it good.

reindexing torsion really drops it if you want that look.

my heater leaks preatty bad. I just cant find a good heater core. ck the hoses first but dont be surprised if core is leaky

• Like 1