Rats N Wrenches 2016

tr8er

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always felt safe at Canby. Locking the gates helps a lot. Facilities available or close by.

Can't see Canby fairgrounds/DNW glad to see most/many of us gone. It isn't and never was a Ratsun event just an event that Ratsun went to. No property damage, no gun shots, no police called, noise complaints? (well there was Dave's wife complaining once 3 years ago) No brawling, no fights, and I thought they have always been pretty tame (a good thing) and they should be, we all share something in common. Yes, Ratsun could be seen as the red-headed bastard step child of Datsun (step to the rear of the campgrounds please, and use the side door from now on) but generally good times at Canby... in one word...TRADITION.

So, why the talk about somewhere else? Is this really about Green Bastard's comments http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64634-2015-canby-truck/page-167 about loosing 'a premier Datsun show in the NW'. Or the contentious content about a respected Ratsun member? AFIK according to DNW, Canby will still struggle on with or without some or many Ratsun members. If competing for the same weekend both will suffer. If separate dates, those that can will go to both. Those that can't will have to choose. Maybe this should be talked about. This is not to say you shouldn't think of starting something. Canby started 10 years ago, someone thought it up. Traditions all have a start. Think of it as starting a new tradition. Maybe it will take off. Dissatisfied members went off and started their own Datsun forum, right?.

I can't easily go to every Datsun meet that comes up, but I can plan for one big blow out weekend and road trip a year. For now it's Canby. If in the future there was an improved Datsun or strictly Ratsun car show I would have a hard decision to make wouldn't I?  

• Like 5

Canby is still the plan. But for how long?

We have already been I produced to the new cabinet over at DNW.

Compatant bunch they're showing to be

Datsuns Northwest Events Calendar http://datsunsnw.org/Events/index.htm?201606

tri-left.gif June 2016 tri-right.gif

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat  

.....................   1       2     3   4  

5    6           8      9   10  11 

12   13     14    15    16  17  18

19   20     21    22    23  24  25

26   27     28   29     30

Nothing on their 2016 calendar for June

DNW only has to host the Canby event. No fucks really given about their politics but things have changed around there lately. Plenty of time to see which way the wind blows but well before June I hope. If Bill Cosby hosted Canby I would probably go.

No.... Wait a minute.... thinking.

• Like 2

To make a event even close to what Canby is,is no small task.

I for one would like to thank all that do take the time to make it happen.past/present/future

Stuff changes, we all know this, I hope they continue to make it what it is..

A few words have been said,big deal..

as long as Al's health is improving,this should be all that matters!

Get out drive your Datsun/work on your Datsun,go hug your spouse and or kids., call a old friend, cause you never know, life is to fucking short for this shit

• Like 4

No. Don't tell me to do stuff.

Moto, forever.

I didn't break my phone. The glass screen protector broke and it's messing with my typing.

As soon as I get another from Amazon I'll be good to go.

I bought 2 this time. Lol.

I'm not on contract with my phones. I buy unlocked phones and use them on Cricket.

$45. 5Gig of data. Unlimited everything else.

Back on topic. NW people...look up cool desert nights here in Richland, WA.

Any of you interested in doing this?

It's normally a huge hot rod show. I'd love to see the looks on geezer's faces at the sight of all this J-Tin.

• Like 4