Engine Reassembly

Hayhayman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question you need to make....why is it for sale?

Then if that checks out you need to make sure everything is good.

Then you need to do lots and lots of homework to make sure you can even ponder the idea of reassembling it yourself with no knowledge.

But it's doable :thumbup:

• Like 4

This is how Ii did my first motor in 1986....No internet, just a book to read over and over again. :thumbup:

Torque wrench

10mm Hex socket for the headbolts

Ring compressor...
Patience, eye for detail...

I had the How to Hot Rod your OHC Datsun engine and the How to modify your Datsun 510,

And like stated about....Are the parts good?

And ask questions....But try to find the answer first... :geek:

• Like 1

And getting those flywheel bolts tight is a MUST!!!

Also had a clutch install go bad because of loose flywheel bolt....which led me me to the half rebuilt engine. L20B

I made my own tool to hold the flywheel still when your torquing them.

This odd ball wrench was ground on the tips to fit into the starter gears on the flywheel.

And a hole was drilled to bolt it to the block with a couple nuts as spacers.

IMAG2478.jpg

• Like 1

From the guy "I've got an l28et from a datsun 280zx. The block has been bored .40" over, honed, decked and cleaned. The cylinder head is not on the block, but has been inspected, measured, and has new valve stem guides along with a 3 way valve seat grind. I have a master kit for both the bottom and top of engine including over sized pistons, rings, oil pump, all gaskets etc. Just needs to be assembled. The crank has been inspected and polished. What you would need for ing over sized pistons, rings, oil pump, all gaskets etc. Just needs to be assembled. The crank has been inspected and polished. What you would need for assembly is all hardware, (except for the internal pieces) exhaust manifold and a turbo."

He's been trying to sell it for awhile I don't know why. But now he says he's trying to fund a trip he's going on. He wants 800$.

• Like 1

Does the seller have receipts for the work was done or can he put you in touch with the shop that did it? Seems pretty reasonable - a long block with everything done would probably be in the $1500 range at a shop including most of the assembly. Like hainz said, offer him $500 and see what happens.

• Like 2