DatsunsNW future plans and events

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 72,263 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

How can you go the posted speed minimum if there are cars ahead of you parked or going slower caused by the congestion (traffic jam) you are trying to eliminate? Have a cop walk down the line handing out tickets? Only way to move traffic at maximum speed is more lanes (maybe) or less cars. You going home did more to help than increasing the minimum speed limit.  

Posted Image

#22 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,297 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

Obviously you have not been to LA, I can drive with them people, they get in their car to go somewhere, not to park on the hiway.

But when they have a wreck down there, they have a wreck and everything stops, but at least there is a reason to be stopped, the others on the other side of the freeway are still moving, around here both sides come to a stop, sometimes because of a person with a flat, both freaking sides of the hiway because of a car with a flat on one side.

I am self employed, I also have quite a few customers that came from southern CA amoung other places, I have actually heard one of them say that they moved from there because they were scared to drive down there, so it seems they came here to slow everyone down.

I say if someone is not doing the speed limit and a lot of cars/trucks/semi trucks are having to pass them, and especially so if they have to pass them on the right, give them a ticket, once they get 3 tickets, take their licence.

How can you go the posted speed minimum if there are cars ahead of you parked or going slower caused by the congestion (traffic jam) you are trying to eliminate? Have a cop walk down the line handing out tickets? Only way to move traffic at maximum speed is more lanes (maybe) or less cars. You going home did more to help than increasing the minimum speed limit.  

#23 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsunahaulic

• 10,070 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC, 1973 610 Goon.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

Wayno, how long ago you been to LA? I'm down there every week....from 2pm to 8pm you'll travel 15 miles in 2 hours :rofl:

#24 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• 13,297 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

I guess that every time I have went down there or was driving thru, it has been either in the winter or a winter holiday like Thanksgiving, most of the time I was driving was during the late evening from places like Sylmar to San Bernardino or from San Bernardino to Lake Elsinore, or in the morning going from the motel to the flying site which is not on the freeway, we also have drove to Torrey Pines from San Bernardino and back, I can only remember once not driving fast, and that was when I was trying to get out of LA going north during rush hour(early evening), but they were still moving, just not freeway speeds.

Around here they just stop on the freeway, most the time I cannot even figure out why, but I am not looking around everywhere either, I am concentrating on driving my car instead of other things.

Wayno, how long ago you been to LA? I'm down there every week....from 2pm to 8pm you'll travel 15 miles in 2 hours :rofl:

#25 Laecaon

Laecaon

Mormon? or just moral?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,035 posts
  • Cars:71 Wagon decommissioned, 02 BMW 325iT

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

The meeting to today was a huge success, but not much of a meeting, more a Datsun hangout. Definitely a good time.

Signature.jpg

#26 DanielC

DanielC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

I agree, a good meet up, not really a DatsunsNW meeting.

Thank you Steve, for hosting this.

#27 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 72,263 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

I say if someone is not doing the speed limit and a lot of cars/trucks/semi trucks are having to pass them, and especially so if they have to pass them on the right, give them a ticket, once they get 3 tickets, take their licence.

Agree with that. Maybe just shoot them instead.

Posted Image

#28 drew510

drew510

Hall Monitor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cars:71 Datsun 510 2dr

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

Love the new location and day. Wednesday nights just didn't work for me. Saturday may compete some with kids sports, but it's much more manageable - and Steven is a great host.

#29 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts
  • Cars:Cleopatra does the nasty.

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

IMG_2210_zpskxufgm5h.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#30 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

There was a few more and i did take pictures of you guys,,  but ,,,, and there is always a big butt,,,   something was causing my point and shoot  to not focus correctly so THESE are the only pics that weren't fuzzy as hell

IMG_2208_zpsf0dxmjzg.jpg

IMG_2228_zpsblm1b7w9.jpg

IMG_2215_zpsbhurtajz.jpg

IMG_2216_zps18nfnnyu.jpg

IMG_2218_zpsjx0shhal.jpg

IMG_2222_zpsii1vatwe.jpg

IMG_2223_zpsk9yiqucb.jpg

IMG_2225_zpsmohuqt51.jpg

IMG_2232_zpsve7zarba.jpg

IMG_2226_zps4wcehgt7.jpg

IMG_2230_zps9m2wo7va.jpg

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

#31 Mojo510

Mojo510

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cars:71 2D 510, 56 Studebaker champion, Benz 300e

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to the meet and greet this last Sat. we had a great turn out at our new venue. There was a lot of new faces and cars and glad to see Datsloco and North west Datsuns members at our meet! Everyone really seemed to like the building and new date. Thx to bananahamuck for posting pics.

Our next meeting will be on March 19th from 9 to noon. Hope to see more at our next meet!

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres

#32 Mojo510

Mojo510

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

DatsunsNW is having another meeting this Sat. the 19th 10:00-1:00, 509 nw Everett st Port OR.  There will be some drinks and snacks, everyone is welcome, parking inside the shop.

If you have something to sell bring it, if you have a Datsun drive it, if you have a friend into Datsuns bring them to....

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

#33 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

Since Ted has to be "on call" this weekend we  are going to have to skip this month..  My son should be changed over to weekdays at his work by your next meeting so finding/having a travel buddy shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't talked to Scalp-em so don't know if any Oly guys are showing but he might.

Yeah i guess you do,,

#34 Mojo510

Mojo510

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

Looks like good weather is here so I'm heading out this Sat. morning to cars and coffee in Wilsonville 8am to 11am and then Red Door Meet Sun night in Portland 6pm to when we head out. There's a few guy meeting up at both but would like to see some more Datsuns out there, sounds like a good time.

Steven Pepka

#35 nickelpistol

nickelpistol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cars:Two 510 2doors, two 510 wagons, 01 Pathfinder, 620v6

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

I'll see you at RDM tonight. Looking forward to next weekend's club meeting and cruise.

#36 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

If you are going on a cruise ,, when were you guys going to leave the shop and where are you going-ish ??  Or are you even meeting at that location??

Yeah i guess you do,,

#37 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsunahaulic

• 10,070 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC, 1973 610 Goon.

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

They'll post all the info the same day of the event.

#38 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

They'll post all the info the same day of the event.

I think your butt buddy Al said it best

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I too am actually getting sick of your piss poor attitude , if you dont like the thread or event then dont look at the thread and dont come . fine I dont go to your thread or anywhere else and start sit with you .  _______________.

Go troll somewhere else ! 

seriously  You guys cry like bitches when it's in your rat and dats thread......... 

Yeah i guess you do,,

#39 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:48 PM

I asked cuz i may want to attend and unlike some "HARDCORE" guys on here i don't use some bullshit excuse if the event is farther than 30 minutes from my house,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  to drive,, a more comfortable  car.

Yeah i guess you do,,

#40 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,587 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

We good?

Yeah i guess you do,,