Time to put it back on the road....

oz411

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought more modern Datsun master cylinders.., 620 I believe, I still have to hook mine up with new custom lines. I have one nos front lower ball joint left... Sold a pair I had and installed my uppers. Good luck!

If you you look back in the history, you will find my posting of DATSUNPARTS.COM offering of an early 1500 roadster master cylinder with the caution that the brake line outlet is on the "wrong side."  This is the wrong side for the JDM roadster, but the perfect side and size for the export 410 and 411 [including the RL411] sedans.  It bolts right up with the firewall and brake lines! It comes with a more compact fluid reservoir with an integrated filter insert, but the fluid reservoir from your existing master cylinder will transplant if you insist.  I have had no problems with the slightly smaller "as delivered" reservoir on my RL411 even given my front disc brakes.  By the way, this is a genuine DATSUN / NISSAN part and comes in a late Nissan package [not the pretty Red White and Blue but a plain beige package Curse the Accountants, they must be French!].

whats happening with the diff?

I snapped an axle a few years ago and parked it. Trying to find 411 parts in australia is like finding rocking horse shit. A 1200 diff will be a close fit but again i don't think it will be strong enough for how i drive haha. Im thinking ill just get one and fit it and find some spare axles for when they break.

• 2 weeks later...