'73 620 - Keeping it running, but still having fun

G-Duax

I'm not an engineer either, my BTU calculations are HVAC based.  I can tell you to the BTU what your house or business needs for your climate, both heating and A/C.  Racing, we use known quantities that are generally taken for granted (the same way most HVAC guys operate, but I actually know the math behind it).  But its been used for decades and it does work.  I'm just sick of members poking other members in the chest around here.  Its NOT necessary.  You have the option of being nice and asking questions or making assumptions and throwing it in someone's face.  For some reason you, Mike, seem to chose the latter and you've pissed off more than your fair share of new members.  If someone had the authority, I'd say you should get a warning or be banned temporarily for your recent (past few months) behavior on this site.  Just treat folks the way you would if you were face to face, where I'm sure you would be a little less aggressive.  And yes, pressure can create heat.  Just measure G-Duax's forehead temp when you raise his blood pressure and you'll see.  The color change should be significant enough that you don't need a thermometer.   :devil:

I am being nice. Again... I'm not the name caller here.... I doubted that compression of fluids cause heat but have accepted (for now) that they do. I accepted the POs facts and figures about the oil pump displacement, the amount of oil moved and any temp rise from it but doubt that it is in any way significant. To back this up, as the PO did for his side, I added some real world numbers to mostly the PO's facts, and my admitted assumptions to show this. What I get is: I'm full of bullshit, don't have a clue about this, false assumptions. (I already said lets agree on some, move some values around) Now I'm poking someone? not being nice? need a banning? For asking questions? supporting a view?

So as it stands, I contend that the heat generated by the oil pump is a drop in the bucket, virtually meaningless when figuring out how large to build your oil cooler. This is splitting a hair with a laser because you have a laser. Being called names is not a very convincing argument that I am wrong.

OK then, what are the taken for granted quantities of heat removed by an oil cooler? in BTUs or Watts. You will be running one on an L series engine, so plug in your numbers, how much heat will the oil cooler be required to dump from the hot oil? Or... let it drop.

• Like 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this thread is shot to shit......

Mike, yes I called you names, but I was holding back what you really deserved.

You jump into my build thread to tell me that I'm an idiot, with out calling me one.

Sorry, I don't take shit from the likes of someone who failed at making a speedo gear work.

Well, the community will not see anything else on this engine.

I could hang around, just to watch for your retarded posts, but guess what, you are not worth the trouble.

Besides, you have proved that no matter what proof is put before you, you won't accept it, all you will do is put some useless spin on it.

Are you related to hillery ?

Go back to hero worshipping a fictitional druggie.

You are a blowhard moron, congratulations, you are as smart as you ever will be.

• Like 1

Allow me to retort.

Flared intake end of tube (flare cuts down on cavitation at high rpm).
DSC07765.jpg

Here's my post where I jumped in.

DSC07765.jpg

Not going to flow more oil at 8K that it does at 2K. Shouldn't need it.

Nothing wrong with this. And it's true.

You said....

It will if I do a remote relief valve as I am doing on my Toyota.
Stock 'in the pump' relief valves generate a lot of heat.
Simple hydraulic tech, any oil that is pressurized, then released, without doing work, turns the power used to pressurize it directly into heat. (learned that 35 years ago, first simester of a fluid power degree).
By doing a remote, and plugging the stock relief, oil is routed out to a cooler, and then back to the pan.
So at 8k, the pump is flowing 4 times the oil than it does at 2K.
Engine gets cooler oil.
Also, aftermarket relief valves are adjustable, just turn the screw. :)

A lot of heat. Well it's all relative what 'a lot' is. Turns out by your figuring, and I don't dispute them, that it's >600 Watts

So I dispute that it's 'a lot' of heat and show you in a reply and what? You don't prove or disprove anything. I get...

Mike, go fuck yourself........
You may be great on stock things, maybe, but performance, you are a lost child.
Like another member said, 'mike has a closed head'.
Really, anyone who has a fictional drug dealer as a signature, must be using..........

My reply...

What, there's something wrong with my figures? I'm willing to discuss it. You loosing your temper shows you find my position valid.

I mean it. I'm willing to discuss it. I was willing to agree with your math, surely you can disagree with mine and discuss it? Even distributorguy hasn't added anything useful.

Back off Mike.  Its not good for anyone if you as a self appointed "king" chases people away from the forum.  Did you ever take into account air cooling?  Again, the only thing you are the king of is arguing semantics.  If we want to deal with that shit, we'll go home to our wives.  Play nice.

Self appointed king? I certainly did NOT give myself that Member Title if this is what you are referring to.

Besides, you have proved that no matter what proof is put before you, you won't accept it, all you will do is put some useless spin on it.

Proof? I  admit, I must have missed that. Perhaps you would post it again? I've asked at least three times.

• Like 2

Well since this thread is shot may as well have a say.

One - Gdaux you've been a bastard in other people's threads without any call, so it's not just a one way street. Repeatedly, I've read comments by you and wondered what cause you had.

Two - why do you care what mike thinks so much? You are convinced he can't be taught, call him names, then bail on the site, and Distributorguy has had your back every bit as strongly as Mike has argued. Why let Mike work you up? Just block him so you can't see his posts and move forward on the build. Something brought you to ratsun, so hang out and educate the rest of us.

I've asked multiple questions I would like to have answered so I understand better.

• Like 2

Mike, yes I called you names, but I was holding back what you really deserved.

You jump into my build thread to tell me that I'm an idiot, with out calling me one.

Sorry, I don't take shit from the likes of someone who failed at making a speedo gear work.

Since you brought up the words idiot, retarded, blowhard moron.... here's one from within the last two weeks of your reply to the OP in StreetFighter620, that I had to hide but have un-hidden so you can view it...... so, right back at ya....

I'm with dizzyguy.

Especially after your 'snide comments' comment.

Do you also stick socks in your shorts so that it looks like you really have a coc# ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm not a church goer, or bible thumper by any means,

but I stumbled onto this, and it tends to fit well with dizzymike rodgers........

Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Screw you mike........

For you other guys, I did up my new rear end carrier with an LSD.
You can see it over on Datsun Mini Trucin.

By the way micky mouse mikie,
Screw you :-)

• Like 1

Yeah apparently he shows every few weeks just to insult Mike. I'm fascinated by how much hatred he bears. I've disagreed with Mike on multiple occasions, but it's never turned rancorous. Let's be honest, who cares if some dude you only know via internet thinks you are wrong or stupid or wasting your time? Why does random dudes opinion affect your life so much?

• Like 1