Eugene/Springfield Meets

Rhino13

Diego just reminded me that I had mentioned setting up a meet for all of the locals around Eugene and Springfield. I will be stopping to talk to Jeremy at Joe's trailers in Springfield to follow up on possibly having a meet at their shop, but would like to make it happen either way sometime in February or March.

I'm assuming weekends work for most people so we'll shoot for that, but I want some input on what people think is best! My days off are Tuesday and Wednesday but I can easily get a day off if we were to plan a fun run earlier in the day then all meet up somewhere for anyone that can't make the fun run.

I also want some input on places I could potentially put a flier at least a month in advance. I know Brooke's Cut Rate Auto will gladly put one up, and I'll talk to auto parts stores but I have a feeling knechts might be the only one to accept. I see Datsun's all over this area that are definitely not on Ratsun to see this, so I want to get the word out by hand!

This is my first time trying to plan an event like this so any input on ways to get the word out, places to go for a fun run, places for potential meets, and possible small giveaways like Al was doing.

Let's make this happen!!!

• Like 3
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't even think about Craigslist, do you know where he posted an ad at? I know some people might look at the events section, but it might even be worth putting one in the for sale section so more people see it.

Once I get back from vacation I'll make a flier and post it up to see what you guys think. If we all agree it's good I'll print a bunch and give them to a few of you guys to take into the places you have connections, or places that you think will hang them.

Cesar, do you think we could put one at your dad's tire shop? And maybe Jared could hang one at metalworks?

My only concern with Alton Baker is if we did it on a weekend, we'd have up make sure there's nothing going on at Autzen or it'd be really packed all over that area. If we can find a weekend free that would be a really cool spot though, it's one of the nicest parks in the area.

• Like 1

I'm sure my dad would be cool with it, do you think there's enough parking space in the front? Maybe we could even park in the back if we need more space!

I meant put a flier at his shop, sorry wasn't very clear haha.

• Like 1

Window fliers for parked cars? I know of quite a few Datsuns around town that could just receive a flier in the window, done

The only people at my work who dig Datsuns are on Ratsun. They all have their own domestic bias

I like Saturday during the afternoon, better lighting in the oics. Oics at night meets have shitty lighting, sorry Loren

• Like 4

Stop dragging your feet, Craig!!!!!

:poke:

I still need to get the bulk of my datto stuff from the storage....meh...moving doesn't end....hopefully I can get my dogleg in for rebuilding and do the swap before Canby, I really dislike the 4 speed on the freeway....75mph@4100rpms hurts my ears after an hour :(

Kool, thanks!

It'll be few weeks though, this coming weekend I'm only going to be home 1 day and the following I want to move my storage stuff home....we can have a mini work party, pop that thing open to see what's up and work on your datto....maybe have our ladies mingle if your girl is up for it :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have not, I've been really busy at work and every time I've been leaving they're already closed. If I get off early enough sometime next week I'll drop in and see if he's talked with his boss.

• Like 1