620 Stock Bench Seat Information

Good Afternoon All,

I've got a bit of a strange request, but it is a request none the less. I am having a difficult time finding a stock bench seat for my 620 project which is essentially an around town/ surf truck. Nothing fancy. I found a guy who has a stock bench seat frame that needs to be recovered and I am thinking of re-foaming it and upholstering it myself to save some coin. I plan on using a Mexican blanket/ serape as the final cover for its durability and inexpensive nature. My biggest obstacle is that I do not have any dimensions or anything for reference in regards to the stock seat. My questions are below:

What is the overall thickness of the actual seat? (How thick is the seat foam)

What is the overall thickness of the back rest? (How thick is the back rest foam?)

I am trying to get an idea of what materials are going to cost and before I know what materials cost I kinda need to know some dimensions.

Any information, pictures, anything of use is very helpful and appreciated!

Thanks,

Patbo

*edited to narrow down the focus of my question.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Patbo and welcome to Ratsun. I don't have those dimensions, but surely a good guess would be close enough, wouldn't it? It's not leather we're talking about. If you buy the frame wouldn't that do? It doesn't have to be an exactly perfect match to other 620s,  just fit, work and look nice.

If anyone knows...it's a regular cab short wheelbase truck. The early ones were a regular bench seat. Others had a notch in the front, possibly for the automatic floor shift???

Sorry I should have been more specific, I am picking up a stock 620 seat frame. Reason for stock bench vs other benches or buckets is fitment without fabricating seat brackets. I am trying to keep it as close to the original seat dimensions as possible. The current bench seat that's in it is far too tall so I am just trying to avoid making a similar mistake. I guess my better question really is does anyone have an idea roughly how thick the foam is on both the seat back and actual seat?